Where's the in-situ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the in-situ?

Maybe I missed something with all the changes to the board, but I didn't see the in-situ category.
    Just wondered where it was. Thank you, Laura

Hi Laura
    It's now called:
    Show and Tell – Your Site Finds
    "Let’s see those nice artifacts your site is producing. We also love seeing artifact finds "as they lay" in situ. Share a few pictures and the stories that go with them."
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

painshill wrote:

Hi Laura
      It's now called:
      "Let’s see those nice artifacts your site is producing. We also love seeing artifact finds "as they lay" in situ. Share a few pictures and the stories that go with them."
        Combining an in situ category with your site finds seems a little confusing as many of the in situs I have seen posted were not found on sites (land, cultivated or otherwise) but in streambeds and shorelines which have little chance of being associated with a site.

Comment

[QUOTE]11KBP wrote:

Originally posted by painshill post=108918
        Hi Laura
        It's now called:
        Combining an in situ category with your site finds seems a little confusing as many of the in situs I have seen posted were not found on sites (land, cultivated or otherwise) but in streambeds and shorelines which have little chance of being associated with a site.

OK... bear with us. The category titles generally need to be relatively short and it's the explanatory text underneath that explains in more detail what the category is about. I had hoped it would be clear from the text that this a "show and tell" category in all senses and that "your site" doesn't mean a site in the archaeological sense.
        We will ultimately re-assess all the category titles when they have been running for a while. Nothing you can see is a final position. We will continue to review clarity and take comments like yours on board. Although we will add new categories where they are really needed, the ultimate aim is to have the smallest number of categories we can work with. Those which attract smaller numbers of posts will continue to be combined with something else, plus retitling to make it clear when that has happened.
        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

For clarity for the short term, I have added In-Situ to the category title. It still maybe confusing, but should help.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
          X