We shoud really have a A hardstone tool ID thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We shoud really have a A hardstone tool ID thread

I am constantly seeing new hardstone stuff on here. I know for a fact that I have picked up hammer stones and discodials and other stuff and threw them back down. Hammerstones, nutting stones, gouges, celts, axes hammers, etc etc. It would save some artifacts from the water and the plow.
    Also One on other than arrowheads. thumb scrapers, scrapers, all that stuff. If I have it, I will contribute pictures eventually.
    Also a note, if you guys will help me type them, I will add all of my arrowheads to the ID section in the right catagory. Just take a look at the never ending arrowhead thread. It will be updated weekly with new pics..

we already have one check the Info section.

call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Yeah, take a good look through the info/id section, there are examples, descriptions and in some cases histories on the items you mention above. And we would welcome you adding your arrowheads etc to that area, but understand they would be posted in what is essentially a waiting room area so the moderators could review and determine if they should actually be added to the specific threads. It is set up this way so everybody and their brother can't just insert items, it would be a nightmare to review and verify. Thanks.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I understand. This is not an attempt to be critical inadvertantly or otherwise. I have learned more from the people of this site in the time that I have been here than I ever imagined.
        As to the pictures I would use a better (much better) camera and than that of a borrowed I-phone. I have one, I am just to lazy to install a driver for it. I don't like digital technology much, ironic I know. The pictures I post on here are uploaded via a borrowed I-phone. I abhore cell phones. Won't own one.

Comment

Working...
        X