Housekeeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housekeeping

I am no longer able to do these things, but it looks like a little housekeeping is needed on the forum.

Two obsolete sections have appeared in the “Information Center”. They are: “Information Thread” and “Relic and Article Discussion”. I had previously set these to “unpublish” in the control panel since they are old sections which have been replaced by newer ones. The “unpublish” setting takes them off-line withour actually deleting them. Don’t know why they have reappeared.

Might I also suggest that the new category “Beasties” would be better served by becoming a sub-category of “The GREAT Outdoors” and “Trade Blanket” better served by becoming a sub-category of “Other Activities/Hobbies”? They both look a bit odd as orphaned subcategories with no category header of their own.

There are other areas that need to be tidied too.

The thread “pre-hunt rituals” in this section (“Have Suggestions for Categories”) is no longer appropriate here since it has been added to as if it was already a category. It would be better off being moved to “Hunting Tips” now that it has additional content.

Some thought needs to be given to other areas too. My original plan was to delete “THE SANDPIT” two months after go-live (that’s also what it says in the “sticky” in that section… that it will be deleted at the beginning of October). That was on the assumption that it would be policed to move any posts asking for help etc… it was only intended to be a testing area… but that discipline was not wholly respected.

“I Need Help with the Forum!” was intended to stay, but the explanatory text needed re-wording to make it clearer that it’s for folks to post requests when something on the forum isn’t working properly (as opposed to “Tutorials and How Do I….?” which is for learning about how something works).

There are various other areas that need some attention too, but I can’t change them.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

FYI Beasties was intended to be a sub category of Great Outdoors. Trade Blanket a sub category to Flint Knapping. I wanted to give these new categories some exposure prior to moving them to their permanent location. They are now where I intended them before I went out visiting earlier.

I remind you all that the trade blanket is trade only no cash exchanges and no ancient artifacts exchanged.
    Since it is still the beginning of October we are right on schedule to remove the sand pit.

The two old threads Roger mentioned might have reappeared due to a glitch. Certainly no one has enabled them on purpose. They will be removed again when time permits. "I Need Help with the Forum!"will be moved up to the New member area

"Have Suggestions for Categories?"will be moved as well it is still TBD where. it will be moved

Furthermore Roger let me know if you want your old status back. You opted out you can opt back in anytime you would like to.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

And thanks so much for the reminders about the sand pit and pointing out those two categories that reappeared.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
        FYI Beasties was intended to be a sub category of Great Outdoors. Trade Blanket a sub category to Flint Knapping. I wanted to give these new categories some exposure prior to moving them to their permanent location. They are now where I intended them before I went out visiting earlier.

I remind you all that the trade blanket is trade only no cash exchanges and no ancient artifacts exchanged.
        Since it is still the beginning of October we are right on schedule to remove the sand pit.

The two old threads Roger mentioned might have reappeared due to a glitch. Certainly no one has enabled them on purpose. They will be removed again when time permits. "I Need Help with the Forum!"will be moved up to the New member area

"Have Suggestions for Categories?"will be moved as well it is still TBD where. it will be moved

Furthermore Roger let me know if you want your old status back. You opted out you can opt back in anytime you would like to.
        Roger, Please! I keep tab's Not asking just want you back!
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I know that you were vacationing Roger, and I have to say that when I saw the title of your post I expected a picture of you with an apron on and a dust mop in hand.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hey Bruce, I was thinking that housekeeping was a new category. I would have nothing for that one.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
            X