No announcement yet.

I don't know if I'm doing this right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if I'm doing this right...

Is it possible to have a category simply called "heartbreakers"? You know, one for those broken pieces that we all seem to find far more often than whole intact artifacts...
    that may be a dumb idea, but I had to ask. 😀
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

We usually just put them in the What did I find? or the Native American Arrowheads & Other Lithic Artifacts. I will talk it over with the other mods. Thanks for the suggestion.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Jethro, why don't you just make a post labeled "Heartbreakers" and invite others to post their nitro moments/ heartbreaking let downs.
      You can do it the same way I did my picture post.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I think I will, it would be nice to have them gathered all together in one place. I love looking at them, almost as much as whole points...sometimes finding a really nice base or tip is crazy exciting....

Comment

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          I ran this suggestion by the other mods and it was shot down in a vote. The consensus was that we keep doing as we have always done. "put them in the What did I find? or the Native American Arrowheads & Other Lithic Artifacts."

Thanks for the consideration and feedback, Hoss. It was just an idea. 👍

Comment

• Pointhead
          Pointhead commented
          Editing a comment
          A good idea I might add. Ideas are what drives the world forward! But I can also see the logic behind keeping the status quo

Sorry, I just recently broke the status quo. I didn't know this was considered a faux pas... It is a bit of a popular thread so far and folks are enjoying it. Sorry I stole your idea and didn't realize it, Jason.
        Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          How could you!? :-)

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          I doubt it was an original idea anyway. I’m glad you did. I enjoy seeing these things....and it’s nice to see them all gathered in one place.👍. Thank you.

Not sure I understand what you’s mean by “ the status quo”? Nothing wrong at all with having a heart breaker thread, but a whole category just for them seems pointless as most people find brokers rather than complete artifacts anyways and how many category’s do we really need? Complete or broke there’s already enough spots to post things IMO
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Broken Arrow
          Broken Arrow commented
          Editing a comment
          I see, I guess I didn't understand that the request or issue at hand was about a whole category. I agree, that would be too much.

Originally posted by OnewiththewilD View Post
        Nothing wrong at all with having a heart breaker thread, but a whole category just for them seems pointless... IMO

Pointless. Get it?
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          This kid is quick....^^^^👍👍
      Working...
      X