Tools used to search with.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tools used to search with.

I think we should have a section that people can post their tool items used to find artifacts. Alot have made or adjusted their tools for searching. Id like to see some of those ideas maybe it will help me in my search and give me some better ideas as on how too. I do surface hunts but I have seen some cool ideas and would like to see more.

Very interesting...we could expand it to not only tools, but techniques...let me think about the best way to handle this.  Great idea! Keep them coming!
    Andrew

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Super idea, like how to set up a dig sight (In states that are legal of course), screens or screen size used, techniques to pick out a location, the list could go on and on, a banner idea for a category, the only thing that upsets me is that it wasn't my idea!!! Great thought!! Bill

Comment

For digging, all we have is sand and roots.  A lot of us in my area use #1 or #2 heavy duty landscaping shovels (pony shovel), that we grind the end straight, then sharpen inside bevel to a razor.  I also bring a small hand axe (sometimes a landscape or folding saw), a rubber mat, a machete and a gallon of water.
          For shells and dirt we use a three prong cultivator (bring 3) and a long handled, larger cultivator as well.
          I have rarely used screens but a small hand one is in the trunk.

But mostly I use my fingers boom

Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Thats alot of digging. I kinda cheat I go to areas that have already been dug my machines and look at the washout areas.

Comment

Crazy you posted this.  last night we were chatting about this and I thought about starting a store on here to sell the tools I modify and make .

Comment

In AZ, mostly they're just on top... or just a boot kick away... here in FL, I fan sands underwater or when hiking, just a walking stick. I never dig... just too many of them around to do that much work.  LOL

Comment

I have one that I am applying for a patent on that helps me more than anything.  I will have them for sale if I get to open the store but it makes creek hunting so much easier on your back it is unreal and saves so much time.  I will give you a hint it is made with Gorilla Glass and helps you see in any type of water.

Comment

:laugh:
                    Love this topic!!!! I'll come back and post my 2 cents in just a bit!! Stay Tuned !!! :woohoo:

Comment

I will reply when it become a true topic.
                      Subject matter, matters.

Jess B.
                      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                      Circa:1982

Comment

Walking stick or cane lol is a good thing to have in snow or mud embankments, even in creeks or rivers in sink silt.
                        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
                        X