X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaz
    commented on 's reply
    The ones with the teeth (summer flounder) around here we call them fluke. We have winter flounder also, the ones with the lips. We catch them in the spring and fall.

• BabaORiley
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like flounder Kaz. Darn good eaters...

• Kaz
    replied
    Speaking of fluke for dinner.

Leave a comment:

• Kaz
    commented on 's reply
    I know a group of Greek guys that launch their boat where I'm catching these spearing and they seemed upset that I use them for bait. He was like nooo you eat them, they are delicious. I would rather trade them in for a nice fat fluke.

• tomclark
    replied
    Kaz don't waste that bait on bass!! LOLOL

Leave a comment:

• Kaz
    replied
    Hey Frank (BabaORiley) I mostly saltwater fish here. I usually target fluke and striped bass this time of year. I few weeks back the spearing were coming up into the river near me and spawning. I was throwing the cast net on em from the dock and managed to freeze up quite a bit. They are getting expensive from the local tackle shops and the quality isn't even close to what I'm catching.

Leave a comment:

• BabaORiley
    commented on 's reply
    Octopus is excellent. Every couple years we have it at an old traditional Italian Christmas dinner called The Feast of the Seven Fishes...its so darn tasty !!!

• BabaORiley
    commented on 's reply
    This is a great time of year when there are so many local and homegrown vegs available. Compliments to your wife that looks delicious!!! By the way I fish also. What kinda bait are you catching and freezing?

• Kaz
    replied
    A friend of mine was going fishing the other day so i stopped by and dropped off some bait that I've been catching and freezing. We then went out to his garden and he gave me a few giant zucchinis and some beautiful tomatoes. My wife made some zucchini bread and I stuffed one with some eggplant, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and sausage.

Leave a comment:

• clovisoid
    commented on 's reply
    Let me figure how to post a video. These were a couple pounds, but they fought until the end with going into the pot.

• gregszybala
    commented on 's reply
    We need video of that going into your mouth!

• clovisoid
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	382191

Leave a comment:

• BabaORiley
    replied
    Smoked whole chicken spatchcock style. Jalapeno beer bread. Local grown sweet corn, my own homegrown peppers, tomatoes and some cool water sandwich...(watermelon)...

Leave a comment:

• Tam
    replied
    I might do this I know my cheese eating wayne will eat this .
    Granny don’t know what she is eating anymore at 90 .
    20/200 with glasses . That’s another subject . Can't ask she is deaf .

Leave a comment:

• Tam
    replied
    Sounds like a good quiche .. yum but fattening but yum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X