Random Chat Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Chat Thread

I was fine yesterday, but today I got a whopping case of...something, like a cold, but not, so I've had time to sit and think. Why not make a permanent thread, like a category, where if folks want to share something like a story, or a picture or an idea without starting a whole new topic? It sounds like a good idea to me. I for one have some neat adventures, or pictures that happen throughout my day, but I don't want to clog up thread space by making something new. It would be kinda like a "facebook" section, but without Markie spying on you.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

I like it but I believe it will open up a door for gosh darn it’s .
    like my law suit the walls are flooded from the neighbors and mom is in the hospital . See no one wants to hear that not even me but I am living it .
    Have guidelines or topics allowed .

Comment

Previous to the switch to the new format the site had chat and it was used often and generally was a lot of help for newbies. Also allowed all to just chat away and get to know each other a little better. The new format does not support chat so we continue without. Maybe if and when the next upgrade comes.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

There is already a sub forum for posting random stuff in "off the wall". If you want to make a thread therein I say go for it!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Josh! Haven't seen ya in a while.

• Kyflintguy
          Kyflintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Ethan! It's good to be making some post, i meant to comment back the other day but got distracted.

I think as Josh does that if you have something not artfact related that falls outside the great outdoors section, metal detecting, etc. and you would like to tell us about it then just start a thread in Off the Wall. Some of us may find your comments interesting or entertaining and want to reply or may not reply. Most posts that are made on the forum, I don't replay to. Not because I'm not interested but if I replied to all posts then I would have to be at this site most of the day. And I'm not gonna do that. But as Josh says, go for it if you got something.

Comment

We had Chat as Greg said but with our old platform we used Joomla. It is a shareware based platform . Free . The trouble with shareware is developers from around the globe create components and add it to Joomla and if you do not stay on top of all the upgrades it ends up costing money to keep it all going. The shareware offers these great free things but then also for a fee they offer upgraded versions of these components. Well our share ware chat was only good for X amount of people. Once we hit that number we needed to purchase the upgrade. The Upgrade did not look or perform like the beginner one. It had more bells and whistles. No one seemed to use it after that and only expressed concerns it was not like the older obsolete one. We finally had a bad collapse with Joom a few years back and switched to what we have now. I can ask if the developers have actually created a chat extension that will work with our current platform. When we switched to the current none was available. I will look into it it if there is enough interest in that sort of extension. One concern we had with the chat is anyone could join in and some of those folks were just plain rude. It was not moderated and we had on several occasion persons harassing members on our forum with profanity . If there is one available there would need to be mods willing to keep an eye on this . All of this is even if it is available of VBV
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm glad you guys know what you're doin'...all that technical stuff would have me jumping off a cliff!
        Working...
        X