2nd rate hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd rate hunts

I was thinking maybe a section where you could post a hunt that really wasn’t good enough to post in the main section. An example being like the one I had yesterday when all I found was broken artifacts. I found one half of a chipped Celt or Adze. I’d like to share but at the same time I don’t feel like it’s good enough to post. But if you had a section where you could post finds like that I wouldn’t feel like it had to be a quality post. Maybe call it hunting updates idk just a thought. I’m sure many people get skunked but still have a story to tell.
    NW Georgia,

What about third and fourth rate hunts ?
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine might be considered 3rd rate

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been on plenty of fourth rate hunts. I’ll use google earth to spot a area that looks like it could be a old camp, walk out a good ways and get zeroed out.... Oh well.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been known to use that to look for ancient springs

I like this idea on the grounds that I often find something I'm curious about, but realize it's not a "high quality" piece, but would still like others to give their thoughts on it, you never know what you could learn. Or as you said, there could very well be a story behind a unsuccessful hunt. If it's posted under the section of lesser finds than other members could just choose to click on it knowing it might not be the greatest artifact of all time.
    Central Ohio

Comment

I don't think we need a separate section for lesser finds. I'm sure in some parts of the country a day of brokes is a bad thing. Where I live I'm thrilled to find any type of artifact. Of course when I find a complete point I can't wait to post for everyone to see. I think brokes, incomplete or performs are all cool to see. I say post em, let's check em out.
      New York

Comment

For myself, it's more about the hunt and what you are lucky enough to find. We have no control over what that might be. That being the case show what you find, good, bad and ugly. All offer the rest of us insights into what you find and what people are finding in their areas. They may not be raving beauties but they offer us more to learn from and about.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Never be ashamed of what you found, if you found an artifact, and that was your goal. If someone posts about a hunt, and it's mostly brokes, or G2 quality rather then G10 quality, my first reaction is certainly not "you got to be kidding me". The day it comes down to whether I'm too ashamed to post a find, is probably a good day to go back to keeping to myself, and to heck with artifact forums.
          Rhode Island

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for that Charlie

Originally posted by CMD View Post
          Never be ashamed of what you found, if you found an artifact, and that was your goal. If someone posts about a hunt, and it's mostly brokes, or G2 quality rather then G10 quality, my first reaction is certainly not "you got to be kidding me". The day it comes down to whether I'm too ashamed to post a find, is probably a good day to go back to keeping to myself, and to heck with artifact forums.
          Charlie I hope others see your passion for artifacts and post more of their finds. I appreciate your wisdom that you share. Really helps to encourage others to post. Every once in a while I will pull a nice artifact but for the most part mine will be field grade or less. But they are still artifacts.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

70% of what I have are like that . I’ll get it started . Not only is it bad it’s starting to disintegrate.

Comment

. The main thing is your out there looking for artifacts. To me broke's and pieces are all apart of the hobby. I guess it comes down to if a individual wants to take the time to post them or not. Anyhow if they did start a section like that , it would be where I would be posting most of the time. I am the skunk king!
              keep on keepin after

Comment

Working...
              X