Too many non active members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many non active members

So I was scrolling through the Members list to find someone and there are hundreds and more, listed non active members. Some who haven't posted in 6,8,years or even more. I takes hours to locate someone of interest that is active. Is there an active members list? (that would be nice) So we don't have to sort through the thousands of members? Just wondering. Could you make such a list? Or put non active folks in a different category? Kim
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Hi Kim

There are parts of the forums and its setup which only Mods and Admins can see, including a full database of all currently registered members. Yes, we can sort and rank those names in a number of ways such as number of posts made in a particular timeframe, how recently the member last posted, how recently they last visited the forum and other possibilities. It takes a little while to edit the data into an easily digestible form but I don't think the demand for such information would justify the effort to create it.

Might I ask exactly why you are sorting through thousands of members? What (or who) are you looking for exactly... and why?
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

[QUOTE=painshill;n533863]Hi Kim

I was trying to find an active member who I haven't heard from in a few weeks. (I'd rather not list his name here). I couldn't remember how he listed his name. So I was looking to find him to send a message. I never found it, I did eventually locate him in my private message block. Problem solved. As I searched I noticed the dates of peoples last entry, and so many were years back. So I was just asking if an active members list was available or could be created. I see your point of re-organizing all the members. So what I have done is to start making my own Exel sheet of the members I have come to know.Thanks for hearing me out Roger. Kim

Comment

I can set the search parameters to pretty much anything. Just as an example, this is a full list of every member who has made more than 20 posts since 1st January this year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Users.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	533877
        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• SGT.Digger
          SGT.Digger commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m on there 😲 !!! I’ve got a posting problem. Is there a support group for folks like us . Arrowheads anonymous or something

Anyone heard from Fat ?
        New Jersey

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope up and left one day

Originally posted by Bullheadtee View Post
        Anyone heard from Fat ?
        I really hate to say this but I think I really Pi**ed him off when I posted to sell my huge pile of Indian rocks. I hope I didn't, I didn't mean to. He wasn't happy with that joke. But he seemed to stop posting after that. Sorry again Fat I really respect you. Kim

Comment

• SGT.Digger
          SGT.Digger commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve noticed some potentially insensitive comments and even made one that I thought was funny but a serious question (Told guy to taste it to see if was made of salt , looked like Himalayan rock salt) and painshill called me out on it as insensitive. ( sorry) We need to know that everyone coming here (many to learn) don’t have the exp that many folks have here and is exactly why they are coming. With that said there are many things that could be phrased with more tact when responding to let’s say a “what is this” type of post or “is this a rock”. May be better to skip comments on those posts if those rile up folks ect. I hate to be the first person to say it’s a natural rock 🪨 ect but someone’s got to jump in .

Fat seems to have made himself at home on T-net.

He hasn't been active here since last November.

Comment

Working...
        X