Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloads

I belong to another web forum (unrelated to artifacts) and they have a downloads section where you can download ebooks pdfs ect. I have watched the library they have grow to a big selection of very helpful information. I know that a lot of us dig through the net looking for information. It would be nice to share some of these with each other so others aren't looking for the same info or not finding it or knowing its out there. I have a folder with hundreds upon hundreds of arch reports and records. Some are not worth looking at but some have a wealth of knowledge. I'm not sure how many actual ebooks there are on our subjects probably not many as I dont have many myself but there are some and maybe you have found some others like me dont have etc. but there are definately a good deal of arch reports etc to help educate. The best sub cat I like on this site is the flint id just wish this place was a little busier id stop by more often.

Hi GD
    There is a plan for something like this which has been under discussion behind the scenes by the Mods for a few weeks now. It isn't completely straightforward though, within the constraints of the way the forum is setup. Please bear with us until we resolve how to make this work.
    In the meantime, I'm just gonna do a little test here:
       JasperatNativeAmericanMassachusettsSites.pdf
    [Addition: OK, there's part of the issue.... pdf files are big. That one above is just over 2.5MB and loaded without problem. I then tried one that was just over 4MB and it wouldn't load at all. Most of my stored pdf files are at least 5MB, many are above 10MB and 20MB plus is not unusual. That's one of many issues that are being worked on. We will get there, so - as I said - please bear with us]
    Roger
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

The test works for me Roger!
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

rmartin wrote:

The test works for me Roger!
          Yeah, but see my additional note above! 
        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Lots of info in our Artifact resource section
          Roger, the 4mb limit is hardcapped(security settings by the host) but what we can do is add them to the resource section and just have a link to them...there may be other ways around this but ill have to think about it a little.

Comment

Good idea Ghost Digger.
            If there is no way around, why not a link with some sort of description? Having all of these resources available from one site would be great.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Anyone with a high end android phone that can tell me what size the largest picture it can take?  The highest setting on Iphone is like 4.7mb so I am thinking about changing the hardcap to something like 6mb if that will keep some folks from having trouble uploading.  Not an ideal situation but it may fix some users' issues

Comment

Working...
              X