Public and Pay Dig Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public and Pay Dig Sites

Ya know...like Ladonia Fossil Park and such....I'm going to a pay dig site tomrrow (but I get my first visit free). Would like a tab that I can post a review and photos.

For further illustration....I was invited to come free today to a normally $20 a day dig site...it's seriously a very productive hole in this man's back yard.  Perfect for the kids...the barbque..If you want more information send me a pm...This dig is in Granbury Texas.

Comment

This is tageted at just anybody who would like to participate in a pay to hand dig site.
      When you review the situation take a good long look at the regulations and what you are
      signing.
      You may be requird to sign a release.
      There are some "BIG" rocks in some places that can crush you quickly.
      They do not want to be responsible in something of that nature.
      Some of the places require that you clean out your dig spot before you leave.
      Others have a more open approach in that you leave the area as you found it.
      Tools are your choice, screen or not to screen is another.
      Pay to hunt with owner provided screens and tractor assist is a totally different animal.
      None of the owners will tolerate trash take it with you.
      I will start a new thread to provide a more comprehensive thought about different
      digs and what first timers can expect. Either  :woohoo:  or  :S could even be  B)
      Still lots of artifacts out there just waiting to be found.
      Jess B.
      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
      Circa:1982

Comment

Working...
      X