Information Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information Center

I tried posting photos to the non lithic section in the information center and my photos ended up in the Artifact Events forum what's up ?

They default to there. When posting a new thread check the little drop down box above the text box. You have to check of where you want it to go or it defaults to Events because the is the first catagory not unlocked.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Is it the one about Abalone? We can move it for you. Where do you want it?
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Yes Hoss I was trying to post to non lithics bone and shell in the information center thanks .

Comment

south fork wrote:

Yes Hoss I was trying to post to non lithics bone and shell in the information center thanks .
            Hi Dennis
          Also bear in mind that you cannot post directly to a sub-category in the Information Center. Those threads are deliberately locked. You can post into the category heading (eg NON-LITHIC ARTIFACTS). See this for more info:

Although Hoss has now moved the post for you... could I (gently) suggest that a single picture with no additional explanation isn't really in the spirit of the type of information we really want to be included. That's why the threads are locked. So that we can exercise editorial control over what ends up in those sections. It's a great picture and those are fine artifacts but what we would really hope to see is some background information about what the items are, how old they might be and any other helpful information about context, use, culture etc.
          I would encourage you to post that kind of information into the category and one of the mods will do the necessary editing to add it to the thread... since you are blocked from doing that yourself.
          I hope you take this in the spirit that it is intended. The Information Center is a new venture for us and it's gonna be a while before everyone catches on to where we are going with this. 
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Hi Dennis
            Hadn't realised you had posted 2 sets of pictures on separate threads. I have now combined them into one post. I have also unlocked the post and moved it into the "waiting area" of "NON LITHIC ARTEFACTS" where you can add some details about the items. If you do that, I will give it a more appropriate title and file it back into the bone and shell subcategory. At the moment it's just a picture gallery... albeit a nice one.
            I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
            X