How do you view the Forum? A Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you view the Forum? A Poll

I have viewed members access the site in a few different ways but I am curious as to how members view the forum. This is to say for me I go to "Recent Topics", and see what has been post last from the various different categories. But I have seen it mentioned that you will get more looks if you post your thread in a different category, which means in my mind they use the "Index" and go into each individual category.
    So what I am trying to do is find out how the membership uses the forum, it may help in the future to know.
    If you could take just a second and vote which way you access the forum, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You!
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Chase I use both. I also rely on the search very often because, well, lets just say for example. I know Butch posted something about NC Rhyolite. If I wanted to know quickly I could just search Butch NC Rhyolite and click all dates. I can see everything on site about NC Rhyolite posted by Butch. Within minutes I am at my destination. Other times I just use the Recent Topics tab.
      Can You add a both button in there?  Or do you want to know which one I use most often. It is a tough question man
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks Matt, I added both, it how ever took out one vote for Recent Topic's.
      Good point on the "Search" I also use this tool and it is most effective in finding older posts, or if I want to look up a specific artifact type. I also use "any date" as a filter.
      Thanks for sharing that, it is most helpful.

Comment

I mostly use the index. I do use the search feature occasionally also. Generally I use it to provide a thread to show additional examples like axes  but since most of the better threads of this type are in the info section they are easy to find.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I use both !

Comment

You have to use both. So many topics are posted in the "wrong" place... as indeed is this one (posted in Artifact Events -and- Show Reviews!)  :laugh:
            I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

painshill wrote:

You have to use both. So many topics are posted in the "wrong" place... as indeed is this one (posted in Artifact Events -and- Show Reviews!)  :laugh:
                :rolf:  :woohoo: Roger, your absolutely right! I did post this here to somewhat make a point. but also it is because if I posted this in "Off The Wall Topic's" I would have had to go in and change this category to a polling category.  :crazy:  lazy or crazy I thought it best not to turn that category into a place to poll.  hmy: 

Comment

bump

Comment

I just log in and go.
                  Let my fingers do the walking and talking.
                  Its' all for grins anywho...

Jess B.
                  It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                  It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                  Circa:1982

Comment

I just use the recent topics, so if it slips off the first page or maybe the second page I miss it.
                    I have browsed the categories, but I'm more likely to type in a search term and explore that way when I have some time to kill.
                    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
                    X