No announcement yet.

Who Liked my Post? - PLEASE VOTE IN THIS POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get the people icon on the far right of the poll you need to check mark "Make Votes Public"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Poll Votes Public.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	168427
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post

I vowed I would never post to a thread involving technical issues again. But I will make this one exception by just noting that I can see the results of the poll just fine when I am not logged in. And I cannot see them when I am logged in. Back to lurking.....
      Charlie

As per my mail to you, I have re-set your permissions via a different route than previously. Although you didn't reply, it looks as if it has at least solved part of the problem.... your post here went through without requiring Moderator approval. As I said previously, your feedback helps tell us whether or not we are making any progress. What would now help is if you can confirm that your posts also go through OK in the section of the forum where you first noticed the problem.

I will in the meantime apply this potential solution to one of the other accounts having the same problem as a further test. I'm not saying this solves all your problems... but we have to take these things in steps.
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Originally posted by painshill View Post

Are you able to cast a vote in the poll above and then view the results? The two things are linked somehow, via "voting permissions".
        I voted but can't see the results
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I just started a new poll in the sand pit and I can see the list of people icon and it works there.
          Michigan Yooper

Comment

Now I'm confused. This thread from Ray was originally querying why he could not see who "liked" his posts... not whether he could see who had voted on a poll. When I indicated that the two things were linked... that is the case in that the permissions to vote (in the forum set-up) apply universally to the ability to vote in a poll and the ability to cast a "like" vote. That is, if the voting option for polls is disabled (it isn't) then it also disables the option to "like". That's the only reason I asked Ray to check both things.

Ray's problem with not seeing who can like his posts is not the same thing as an inability to see who has voted in a poll. That's two different things.

Please can you clarify in simple terms whether you do or do not have a problem with viewing who has voted in a poll. From what you said in your other post (linked below), it seems to be working properly as far as I can tell:

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Hey Roger, I included several screen shots so you can see what is on my screen. On the Polls that I set up I can see who voted. On the Poll that you set up I can not see who voted.
              Michigan Yooper

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Kelley View Post
                Hey Roger, I included several screen shots so you can see what is on my screen. On the Polls that I set up I can see who voted. On the Poll that you set up I can not see who voted.
                Ron

When any user sets up a poll, they have the choice of whether or not to make the votes public. When I set up my poll, I chose not to. That is, I did not put a tick in this box at the time I set up the poll:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Polls.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	168771

By contrast, when you set up your poll, you did tick that box. That's the difference between my poll and yours. You and I made different choices when we set them up. What I am tying to explain is even when that box is ticked, it does not automatically display the people icons that allow everyone to see who has voted. It makes that possible, but only happens in one of two circumstances:

1. After someone has voted.... or

2. If they take a "sneak preview" by clicking on the "Show Results" button before they have voted.

Comment

To quote Donald Trump "I understand"
                  Michigan Yooper

Comment

Charlie

As per my mail to you, I have re-set your permissions via a different route than previously. Although you didn't reply, it looks as if it has at least solved part of the problem.... your post here went through without requiring Moderator approval. As I said previously, your feedback helps tell us whether or not we are making any progress. What would now help is if you can confirm that your posts also go through OK in the section of the forum where you first noticed the problem.

I will in the meantime apply this potential solution to one of the other accounts having the same problem as a further test. I'm not saying this solves all your problems... but we have to take these things in steps.
                    I no longer remember what section of the forum that was......
                    Rhode Island

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post

I no longer remember what section of the forum that was......
                      OK... no problem. From what I can see, your posts are going through without needing to be approved in this and other sections. Just carry on posting and if the problem still exists elsewhere, then let me know.

Comment

OK... no problem. From what I can see, your posts are going through without needing to be approved in this and other sections. Just carry on posting and if the problem still exists elsewhere, then let me know.
                        OK, it must have been in the staff area anyway, and I can post there.
                        Rhode Island

Comment

Ok Roger. From the original post...I cannot see who liked photos/comments when I click on the Like number. That is still an issue.
                          Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Working...
                          X