Unread Posts Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unread Posts Icon

The blue icon and blue title indicate that there are unread posts. Since my post is the last post it is obvious that there are not unread posts. I have seen this same thing many times. Here is a screen shot to show what I mean:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Unread Posts icon.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	305.1 KB
ID:	168794
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Hi Ron

This may or may not be the answer, but I do think that what you are describing is entirely possible.

For the thread you are referencing, it runs across two pages. I think if you made your last reply from page two without having revisited page one then there could well be posts that are regarded as "unread". That is, if the number of posts has caused the thread to move on to a second page since you last viewed it then you will not have seen new posts made on page one if you go directly to page two on your next visit. Those posts would then be regarded as "unread" because the forum knows you haven't seen them.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Originally posted by painshill View Post
      Hi Ron

This may or may not be the answer, but I do think that what you are describing is entirely possible.

For the thread you are referencing, it runs across two pages. I think if you made your last reply from page two without having revisited page one then there could well be posts that are regarded as "unread". That is, if the number of posts has caused the thread to move on to a second page since you last viewed it then you will not have seen new posts made on page one if you go directly to page two on your next visit. Those posts would then be regarded as "unread" because the forum knows you haven't seen them.
      Hey Roger, That is not the case here. I just went to this thread. I viewed the first page and then moved on to the second page and made a post. Now the Icon indicates unread posts:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	unread messages.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	168915

Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
      X