No announcement yet.

What are Flag Reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh temporarily rights have been removed from mods , mentors and admins There is very little I am even allowed to do at the present time. I think some of the things being done were being tried by multiple entities and getting over ridden. I am not certain that was why they removed our permissions but for now we all need to be patient. If you see a trouble then please copy the page link and post it in I need help!
    Thank you. Charlie that is a great idea of how to use quotes in the forum. It does help a great deal as others can see exactly what you are responding too. Thanks
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post

Roger answered you in the "names to faces" thread. I guess my point was that you are not the only member who has the wrong photos in your threads, be it the info center, or the open forum. At the moment, only adm. and mods can edit in the info center. But, because Roger stated the photo issue might eventually be fixed, or attempted to be fixed, by what he called a global IT method, (and no, I don't know what that means), I would not be concerned at this time with any misplaced photos in any of my own threads or in the section of the info center I worked on. I deleted my last long comment in the faces to names thread because Chris was right, it derails that thread. That was a mistake, I know I wasn't thinking when I posted to a conversation that should have taken place elsewhere.

As far as "all the quotes", I like that feature. It leaves no doubt which thoughts I am replying to. I like it and will continue to use it. I don't see a problem with it at all.
      I did not know Roger responded to anything i wrote last night. When i was being quoted last night it seemed confrontational to me.
      Last edited by JoshinMO; 08-23-2015, 09:45 AM. Reason: Fix before quoted..
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post

Seriously, just joking with last comment, but maybe just stop trying and just understand they know all about the problems. Stop trying to edit the photos. Roger had said they might try a global IT method for the photos. Why not just stop trying to fix things, and post for the present and future, not the past. Just a suggestion....

i agree, post for the present and future and dont worry about the past
        patience is a virtue
        im sure the guys doing the IT stuff on the site are very good at what they do
        but with a major switch over there are always bound to be some issues
        things take some time to get the bugs worked out,and in time i am sure the intelligent folks making the repairs will get them all fixed

Comment

Tim I admire your faith.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

im not one to give up on a good thing
            this site was great in the past, and i fore see it being even better in the future

after spending near 25 yrs as an auto tech,and seeing vehicle technology change from such things as ignition systems with points to computer controlled ignition systems
            and the amount of time it took to get them technology advances to work they way they were intended

i understand that the upgrades to a web site will take some time to get the bugs worked out
            especially after such a huge upgrade

so i for one will not worry about such petty little things as a pic that doesnt belong on an old thread
            but i will start new topics with fresh pics,even if it is starting a new topic that resembles an older one

stay tuned for my newest rebirth of an older topic on how to make and osage self bow
            hope to get some new pics later today,but the wife is making me go grocery shopping with her

a mans got to do what a mans got to do

Comment

In answer to the original question here, the "Flag" button is a way for anyone to draw the attention of Mods and Admins to something unsatisfactory on a post... and they can explain why they are doing this. Anyone set to Moderator or above receives the message notification when you hit that button. They (and no-one else) should get all the notification reports, but can only open up the message and take action when it relates to a thread which is under their control (for example they might have Moderator rights in one section of the forum but not in another).

Administrators also get all the notifications but have the rights to read all the messages and take appropriate action in any area of the forum.
              I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
              X