Photos not Matching with old posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos not Matching with old posts

Has anyone else noticed that since the new website has been in use and when viewing old posts, photos are not matching with posts? I've looked at a number of my old posts and almost every one of them has photos that do not belong in the post.

Yes, mods and admins seem to be quite touchy about this though. Beware.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoshinMO View Post
      Josh we are working on it. There are over 15 gigs of photos that will need to be worked on and our development team is working on it. Did you notice I asked you nicle to not flag the posts Josh and I also asked you to create links to ones that you notice and put them into the forum section "I need help"
      Rome was not built in a day. Moving 5 years worth of content from our old platform to the new one was complete less than two weeks ago. It was a massive undertaking with a lot going on behind tghe scenes. There still is a lot to do. We are working on building an app for arrowheads.com. There are around 100 useres currently logging in using andriods or Iphones once we get the app accomplished we will move to other things in the list that are of concern. So far this has been brought up in several places in here. Josh could have created a llink to show you or even copied what has already trranspired. Instead he wished to relay to you this is someones fault! Well blame it all on me.! We will get it all sorted out but it will take time. Josh I will be sending you a private message as well. Aholmes no need to beware. If you could do us a favor when you notice pictures out of place copy a link to that page and add it to the "i need help " section. Thanks for your patience.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
        Josh we are working on it. There are over 15 gigs of photos that will need to be worked on and our development team is working on it. Did you notice I asked you nicle to not flag the posts Josh and I also asked you to create links to ones that you notice and put them into the forum section "I need help"
        Rome was not built in a day. Moving 5 years worth of content from our old platform to the new one was complete less than two weeks ago. It was a massive undertaking with a lot going on behind tghe scenes. There still is a lot to do. We are working on building an app for arrowheads.com. There are around 100 useres currently logging in using andriods or Iphones once we get the app accomplished we will move to other things in the list that are of concern. So far this has been brought up in several places in here. Josh could have created a llink to show you or even copied what has already trranspired. Instead he wished to relay to you this is someones fault! Well blame it all on me.! We will get it all sorted out but it will take time. Josh I will be sending you a private message as well. Aholmes no need to beware. If you could do us a favor when you notice pictures out of place copy a link to that page and add it to the "i need help " section. Thanks for your patience.

I have not continued with any flag reports.As I keep having to mention i only sent two.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thank you for all your efforts! Was just making sure someone was aware.

Comment

You are very welcome Here is a link to a new post created today so there is no question what we would like folks to do if they discover a post which has an incorrect picture. Like a post about a scrapper which shows a picture of a bowl. We do need the information. But simply a link add to our I need help section. Thanks follow the link for more information on how you can help us make the site better. http://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/a...-the-new-forum
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by JoshinMO View Post
              Really? I don't see a good reason to make that accusation either Josh. Maybe you should stick to comments on artifacts for a while and let the malfunctions slide while Matt and the IT staff get it resolved. Maybe, just maybe, it's your demeanor causing you to sense a little frustration. I don't see it with anyone else.

aholmes748, thank you for letting us know and like Hoss said, if you notice any specific problems just give us a link this section. Again, thank you.
              Southern Connecticut

Comment

if folks find one of their old threads that have the wrong pics in it there is another solution

start fresh with new pics,like i did with my making of an osage bow-rebirth thread

nothing wrong with starting over,after all the ones who run the site were nice enough to start over again for us
                so a little less whining and little more positive posting would be beneficial for all of us
                not to mention how much more positive it will make the site look and feel for new people to the site

after all who likes to join a site and read nothing but negative posts on the site

just my humble opinion on this
                if i stepped on any ones toes, iam truly sorry as i didnt mean to
                its just how i feel

Comment

Thank you Sneaky, good suggestion and I agree. No toes stepped on here....it's all good!
                  Southern Connecticut

Comment

I was not touchy about it. Just saw no usefulness in the continued appearance of whining about it here and there in the forum. In fact, I replied to the comment. "If they would just fix the photos" with the observation that I regretted my own impatient moments. Hint. And pointed out that Roger had advised against changing the photos on our own. And I then inquired if maybe we could post what was expected/helpful at the top, for Josh, and everyone else to see. Including me. I was not sure if I should work on NE typology, for instance, because it looks like I might still have mod rights in there. But I wanted to know if I even should. Now the info is at the top for all to see. If people keep asking, give them the link. So, not touchy at all. Just got to the point of "we get it, Josh". I advised the same as Chris more then once. Namely, just enjoy the present tense here, post to the threads out there now, everybody understands the photo problem. Why keep reminding everyone that it's a problem when we all know that?
                    Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                    X