Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to clear visitor messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to clear visitor messages?

I have had one from Greg sitting in my inbox for several days now.
    I can read it.
    I can like it.
    I just can't reply to it or clear it from my notifications.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

If you click on the message, don't a few icons pop up right above the message, giving you options to reply or delete?
    South Dakota

Comment

Oh, you are talking about in your visitor profile spot, and not private messages?
      in your pm inbox, you should be able to delete
      South Dakota

Comment

I deleted it for you. Looks like you may need mod status to get rid of them. I hope you wanted it deleted? 🙃
        South Dakota

Comment

• gregszybala
          gregszybala commented
          Editing a comment
          Dude!

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Gary. What is really lacking here is the ability to reply to a visitor message.
          I don't know if it applies to all members or just me. I could read your message and I could like it as well. However how the heck can a user reply to a visitor message if the forum keeps showing that we are not qualified to post on the topic????
          By the way after you deleted it the message was still showing but there finally was the option to discard the message, and that option was not there previously.

I guess I really don't know, but that must be how the program works. Looks like the only way to reply, is to go to that persons profile and type a message. I'm guessing the private message route is the way to go about it. It would be nice to delete a message if someone comes in and says something like "your mom wears army boots ", or something like that. When I looked again, right after deleting it, it said it was deleted, so I'm guessing only you could see the message until you deleted it.
        South Dakota

Comment

It is because we shut off the visitor message function however permissions must have been turned on for Mods during the last upgrade. Perhaps if Greg where to try and delete it from his original post. I hesitate to turn it off for mods until he tries to delete it. If I turn it off prior Greg would no longer even have the ability to create let alone try and delete one.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I'll delete it and we can see what happens. Maybe it's me but when you sent the message Bruce I could see no way to answer directly so I used that route to respond. Ether I'm not seeing it or not paying attention the way it is all set up is not user friendly.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              It is not user friendly at all Greg. The function should be disabled all together.
              What good is a message system where you can not reply to the sender.

When Gary deleted the message in my inbox, I could see that it had been deleted but the indication of a message waiting ( that red number in the upper right of every page) was still showing that it was there even though the message had been deleted. For some reason that baffles me the option to dismiss the message was not there until Gary made the deletion.
            Thank you, all three of you, for taking the time to try and figure this out.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
            X