can't post pics anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't post pics anymore

I am hell on cell phones. i have gone through three in as many months. My most recent, not new, but new to me, picked it up really cheap, won't allow me to post photos. It takes really nice pics but when I try to post them it tells me that this type of image isn't supported by this device. ????? Samsung S3.. don't have a computer. Anyone have any ideas?
    Judith Basin, Montana

Just on this most recent phone? Maybe the phone is just old enough the format is no longer supported? Matt will be along eventually and may be able to help you out.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

The site no longer allows me to post from my phone either. I have the Samsung S7, and I get no response at all when I hit the upload attachment button. It will respond to the upload url button though.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an s 7 gonna make a post in a moment wit it to test that out.

Chad , what is the size of the photos? Pictures uploaded have a size limit. Cel phones default to the largest size pictures. up to 12 Megs. Pictures bigger than four megs will not load on this platform. Some folks take tons of photos and the phone companies hope you buy cloud space from them to save your pictures. That is why these crooks default to the largest size possible. Open your camera and look at the screen if you have a samsung you might see a gear right on the screen when the camera app is open click the gear in there you should see ( Picture Size) some say "front" camera "rear " camera you can change the picture size there. If you do not have samsung let me know what kind of phone and model I will look up the tutorial for you or you can on Youtube or the phone manufaturers web site.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	15144859692201076291980.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	278289
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

From my Samsung s 7 Click image for larger version

Name:	20171218_113523.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	278291

Comment

My s 7 works just fine with the forum Bruce try to reset your camera to the defaults camera screen, little gear, scroll all the way down. Also make sure you set the picture size to under 4m it is probably set at 12m good luck
            Last edited by Hoss; 12-28-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Test
              from a Samsung Galaxy 6
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20170924_125920.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.4 KB ID:	278311
              Last edited by chase; 12-28-2017, 05:38 PM.
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                Chase we need to see some better pictures of that frame. Is it yours? There are some sweet looking points in there.

• Havenhunter
                Havenhunter commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree! I'm drooling here, Chase!!

• chase
                chase commented
                Editing a comment
                This frame and so many others came from the SAF in September they are not the best from my phone but if you want I will post the pics they are many

It is not the picture size Matt that is the problem. The problem is with the upload attachment button. I have tried both with and without the desktop site enabled and I still get absolutely no response from the upload attachment button however I do get a response from the upload url button. Luckily I do have a computer that I can upload my pictures to so that I can make my annoying posts from.
              Bruce

Comment

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                WHat browser are you using with the phone? I am using Chrome

Firefox Matt. I have posted pictures from my phone before without any problems. This just started a little while ago.
              Last edited by 2ndoldman; 12-28-2017, 08:20 PM.
              Bruce

Comment

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                Try Chrome I am gonna load firefox on my phone and see if I hae troubles.

Chad I half read what you wrote and I see now you did say Samsung S3 here is a tutorial on how to change the image size.

Comment

Bruce ot os in your prrmissoons Click image for larger version

Name:	20171227_162622.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	278334

Comment

Bruce go to settings on your phone., apps , Application Manager, firefox, Permissions , Toggle Camera on , Contacts off, Location off , Microphone on, Storage on . The Micorphone was off on mine and I could not use that Upload button I turned on the Microphone and it works now.

Comment

Thanks Matt. my storage was turned off.
                    This is using the camera icon.
                    My pictures are definitely to large to use the attachment icon as is.
                    Bruce

Comment

I tried reducing the size of my photos unsuccessfully.
                      I ended up cropping this picture so that the attachment icon worked and this I can post full sized. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171228_225519.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	278388
                      Bruce

Comment

• Hoss
                        Hoss commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good to know your Phone does work . I noticed some of my settings get reset when Samsung or Verizon push an update on me. They tend to change stuff to suit them. We as consumers need to keep an eye on them or they can kill us. A few months back I got an update from Verizon. Two weeks later they sent me a message I was running low on bytes. asked me to pay 15 bucks for another gig. I could not see what was doing it. I pretty much use the phone from Home so it runs through my router. That update turned off my wifi. They are pretty sneaky.

• 2ndoldman
                        2ndoldman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Those automatic updates are sneaky Matt. One that bugs me most is the changes to my camera functions. Earlier this year they did away with several camera settings including macro and low light.
                    Working...
                    X