File Size...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Size...

Hmm. Last nite I added a photo to Chuck's "I'm stumped" thread, but I changed my mind and just canceled it. It loaded fine at the time. This morning I changed my mind and added a comment, but when I tried to load the same photo, I got this message. I then tried to load photos I had already posted in other threads successfully, and got this same result. This seems to render all my saved photos useless. I am going to try and photograph the same point I was able to load a photo of last nite to Chuck's photo to see if it works, but getting this message this morning when I try to load a photo that loaded fine just a few hours ago, it was around midnight last nite when I loaded it, and then canceled, is puzzling to me

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1517.PNG
Views:	27
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	324394
    Rhode Island

OK, here's the odd thing. I just took a photo of the piece, using my iPad camera, and then loaded it to Chuck's thread just fine. But the photos that I had loaded to Chuck's thread last nite, before canceling it, were taken by my iPad just a few days ago, and this morning returned the file size message above. Those photos, and the photo I took with the iPad this morning, are the very same file size. OK, so here is a photo taken at our recent meet, which I posted at the time. It loads OK, apparently, while others taken the same day do not. Very puzzling...

Name:	IMG_1474.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	324400
    Rhode Island

Comment

OK, I have selected older photos, and I can upload and post them OK. Obviously, I am not going to go thru my entire album. Just a mystery why three photos, taken a few days ago, and which loaded fine to Chuck's thread last nite, before I changed my mind, and just hit the back button, returned the file size message this morn. But now it looks like my older ipad photos can load if I want to use them. So why just three photos taken days ago will not load? Puzzling...

Name:	IMG_1459.PNG
Views:	29
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	324404
      Rhode Island

Comment

I'm not looking for a solution to this. I just photographed the same artifact and posted it to Chuck's thread, and most of my older photos, which posted OK in the past, such as the fluted point above, may post OK again, if I ever need them. Getting the file size message just puzzled me, since they are the exact same file size as the photo I took with the iPad this morn, and posted to Chuck's "I'm stumped" thread this morning....
        Rhode Island

Comment

I have experienced the same thing on occasion Charlie. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.
          It is sometimes a hit or miss. I have made posts and uploaded photos that were larger in size than others that were rejected in the same post. 🤔🤔🤔
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• CMD
            CMD commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Bruce. Yeah, I guess that's just the case, one reason I said I'm not looking for a solution. It would be a bummer if none of my older photos were accepted, as I often have reason to use them. At some point a few years back, none of my older photos could be loaded using the camera icon, and, at the time, iPads could not use the clipboard option. I can use the clipboard option now, not sure if my older photos would still be rejected by the camera option. I always preferred full size photos using clipboard where possible. The glitch there, which is completely unpredictable, is sometimes I can only post 2-3 photos, and sometimes I can post many more, with no rhyme nor reason there either.

Hey Charlie, That sure is strange. Probably just one of those gremlins. This is not an answer to the mystery but I am just wondering: Do you have a photo program where you can change the file size? I usually change the file size so that it is no more than 1000 pixels wide before uploading it to this site. I can see no difference in my small pictures and the large original.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• CMD
            CMD commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, Ron, I can do that using "paint" on my computer. But it's a real pain to go thru that since the photos I take using my iPad always work fine, until this morn, so I never have to do that on this particular forum. On other forums, I am not allowed to load photos that I crop, after taking the photos with my iPad. If I then crop them, the sites in question will not accept them. But here on our forum I can crop my iPad photos to my heart's content. Like you said, a gremlin. If it ever got to the point that the forum accepted none of my iPad photos, that would be quite the headache

yup gremlins if no one has a way to replicate this then there is no way to figure it out.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• CMD
            CMD commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, guess so....
        Working...
        X