Some words on picture file size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some words on picture file size

On this forum we have a file size cap per photo of 2 megs per photo and 8 photos per post. Most folks are now using phones to create pictures to post on forums. The cap we have is in place so our pages load faster. If we increase the cap the pages will load a lot slower. There is no need for anyone to be using High Def on ther camera setting . I just shot two pictures moments ago with my camers of the sma e point and quarter . The one with the plain paper back ground is smaller in size the green back ground is felt and the camera digitizes that background creating a larger file size. Some pictures. for you all to stare at. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (17).png
Views:	55
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	326608 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181018_230323.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	326609 Click image for larger version

Name:	20181018_230722.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	326610
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Has anyone here ever seen the MER1 photos sent back from Mars prior to 2010? Did you know the camera on the rover was only 1.5 megs. There is no need for High Def nor is there a need for larger file sizes. Just a steady hand and a quiet back ground and your photos should be small enough to share here. The newer phones usually default at around 4.5 megs. That is your phone carriers way of selling you more cloud space. First they tease you with a little free space then because the new phone they just sold you is set on High def and is shooting photos at 4.5 megs per you run out of space in your cloud and they start up with the sales piches. I hope some of you who have been having difficulty posting find this helpful. Just because a setting is 3.2 or 6.5 only means that is the cap. I suggest using the lowest setting and using a plain back ground. You could also just get an ap to resize but it is a lot easier to just plan a photo shoot use a plane back ground with good lighting and share the pictures directly from phone to here. Also if you have not seen my earlier posts hold the phone landscape and your photos will not post side ways. Thanks Hoss
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• pkfrey
      pkfrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Matt, Just sending you a test post to see if this works with the new info. Thx.

• pkfrey
      pkfrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Another test. Sorry folks, my computer is screwed up!

Thanks Matt, The high def pictures are good for printing poster sized prints. I have changed the file size to 10% of the original and can see no difference on my monitor.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice Burwell Matt . I can see the detail equally well in both pics. Thanks for the heads up
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Like Ron - I went into my camera and reset my mp size on my photos. Now most of the pics I post are less than 1 mp. Before I was having to upload them to Adobe Photo Shop and reduce the photo size. It was quite cumbersome and took quite a bit of time. Thanks for the explanation Matt. Hopefully that will help lots of folks who might be having problems posting to the site.
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Working...
        X