My Posts Keep Getting Flagged For Spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Posts Keep Getting Flagged For Spam

For some reason a lot of my posts keep being flagged for spam. Is there anyway I can prevent this?

Could it have anything to do with your avatar name? The site is very sensitive to any possible idiosyncrasies. Maybe remove the ...hell.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Idiosyncrasies. Pardon my curiosity, but I have not learned that yet in school. What does that mean?

Don't think that's the problem Greg. He's made posts in the past with no problem. Would the system be that indiscreet to block one time and not the next?? Guess Hoss would have to answer that. I think I'd have to see his post. I've seen posts that had four thumbs up at the end of a comment get blocked but don't know why.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

How does that show up for you? I am on pretty often and rarely see a moderation notification pop up. Have not seen one for your posts..

UPDATE: Just found a recent post is unapproved, the one with the layered rock. A response from Geology Dept. I can't approve it... but copied and pasted til it gets approved. That is odd,.
      Last edited by tomclark; 10-19-2018, 07:41 PM.
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Not sure why you think it is a lot? I have approved three posts in 2 months. Often it is because of a repetitive nature in punctuation one was just foru emojies . Most I see have thins like this.... or ???? or !!!! the thumbs up one was . I did not see any of that in your post The forum has a buit in spam filter and some things just set it off. I have seen posts made that were unnapproved and copied and pasted them myself to see what would happen and they come in approved when I click save.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

It might be your login name If you want to tyry changing it let me know what you want to change it to. I can do it but I do not think you can .
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

My log in name I would love to keep lol. One, I was a Marine for 12 years and two I attempted the Helldogg challenge in Stockholm, Sweden eating a sausage with a spiciness level of 2 million Schoville units. I certainly have earned this nickname on both fronts.

Hoss You are correct, it has been recent. All of my posts that were flagged was when I was in Sweden. Could that have been the issue possibly?

Comment

• Hoss
              Hoss commented
              Editing a comment
              That could be it . The site was probably picking up on the foriegn land IP address. Sounds like you have earned that moniker. I would keep it too.
          Working...
          X