Pics and my phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics and my phone

I am using an IPhone and have always been able to post . It now says file to large over 200 mb . The lowest on an Iphone
    is the number 1 for a pic .
    Soes anyone know or have a solution . It’s contantky updating but I cannot believe this little phone cannot post .
    Help and suggestions are appreciated and no all my computers are in an office now .
    Going on a trip and want to show ya if I find anything .

Tam what I do when it tells me the picture is to large is screen shot it then crop the bottom and top unwanted parts. Seems to work for me. I've never changed my picture size some work fine while some say they are too large. I am using an IPhone as well. Can't wait to see your finds!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s hunting season I can’t go 200 percent Tamara on the run lol

I did try to screen shot it but never cropped the top and bottom . Will try thank you ..

Comment

Keep trying Tam or we'll all miss out on your finds. I have downloaded my wife's iPhone pics to my computer and resized them for her. Don't know if you're in a position to do that though.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

There is a tutorial here for your device.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Something I just found out is Iphone or Apple is now using HEIF files. High Efficiency Image Files. Well when you load them or attempt to load them to some sites that do not accept HEIF . The protocol is to convert the HEIF back to a JPEG and I am assuming there in lies the trouble. The high efficiency file when coverting over is probably growing to a larger file size than we can handle. SO far I see only one concern presented on the Vbuulitin VB5 forum pages. ( Not our forum. This is a forum for the VB5 developers to voice concerns and post solutions to the concerns.) Apple is lousy in my opinion. They run things their way it is proprietary so it works well with other apple products but developers have to do a lot of modfiications to keep up with the crap they produce. Apple feeds those who own their products updates on a steady basis but it makes it so your phone or device works in a new way. That causes us here to look bad. Others have said they have no trouble on other sites. Other sites set their photo sizes much higher. We will not do it here because it makes the page load slower. I wish I could give a quick fix for this but I cannot. In my opinion this trouble is caused by Apple and they should be the ones being bothered by all apple customers over this concern. They do run this stuff in BETA prior to sending it out and it was in IOS 11 and later. The trouble here is they should have kept the old default for handling photos so customers could revert to it while the developers of web sites get up to date with there new protocols. I guess instead the old default was just removed and replaced with HEIF after ios11 came out.
          Last edited by Hoss; 11-03-2018, 06:18 PM.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I have iOS 10.3.3. I'm having the same problem, but it only involves my older photos. I can take the same photo, if it's of an artifact, with same background, and it's OK. It declines to load, as too large, some of my older photos, and loads others OK. This happened once before, a few years back, and apparently resolved itself with subsequent iOS updates. I don't anticipate any further updates with this iPad, and it's been on 10.3.3 for a very long time now. I have not tried the tutorial yet, although by Hoss's last statement maybe it doesn't matter. But photos I take and post same day usually load. I use the iPad camera, and have for years.
            Rhode Island

Comment

Matt , Chuck , Charlie ... I looked up a your thoughts and I am afraid you are correct . Now get this just trying to help Dave with the blood stains ( I have so many mineral deposits ) ) I pulled up old pics I posted a year ago and they are a no go . The phone has taken control by gully dang it all heck far ... keeping it clean I am angry .
              worst case I’ll just email them to you and you can post them if I find something outstanding . But what a bummer because I always find cool 100 year old Americana and old buildings and cars . Well I’ll take the pics and we’ll get figure it out . Darn it ... it’s the one time a year I get to join in

Comment

BTW Hoss thanks for helping me with those microscope photos . I am having fun with that but they only download on the computer . That will have to be my avenue . Boy am I seeing some interesting mineral deposits .

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                  Something I just found out is Iphone or Apple is now using HEIF files. High Efficiency Image Files. Well when you load them or attempt to load them to some sites that do not accept HEIF . The protocol is to convert the HEIF back to a JPEG and I am assuming there in lies the trouble. The high efficiency file when coverting over is probably growing to a larger file size than we can handle. SO far I see only one concern presented on the Vbuulitin VB5 forum pages. ( Not our forum. This is a forum for the VB5 developers to voice concerns and post solutions to the concerns.) Apple is lousy in my opinion. They run things their way it is proprietary so it works well with other apple products but developers have to do a lot of modfiications to keep up with the crap they produce. Apple feeds those who own their products updates on a steady basis but it makes it so your phone or device works in a new way. That causes us here to look bad. Others have said they have no trouble on other sites. Other sites set their photo sizes much higher. We will not do it here because it makes the page load slower. I wish I could give a quick fix for this but I cannot. In my opinion this trouble is caused by Apple and they should be the ones being bothered by all apple customers over this concern. They do run this stuff in BETA prior to sending it out and it was in IOS 11 and later. The trouble here is they should have kept the old default for handling photos so customers could revert to it while the developers of web sites get up to date with there new protocols. I guess instead the old default was just removed and replaced with HEIF after ios11 came out.
                  Maybe this is an example of what you're describing here? I loaded this photo on 9/23/18, the day after our southern New England meeting. But now, that saved photo will not load. So I went to the thread where I had posted it, and saved the photo again. That one loads, as seen below...

But I need to add, my iPad does not have iOS 11.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DF7899D8-C045-4A4A-BA6D-D7546F99C755-2189-0000012352B4EBB3.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	339.4 KB ID:	330210

Last edited by CMD; 11-04-2018, 01:13 PM.
                  Rhode Island

Comment

• Tam
                    Tam commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ok but new ones

• CMD
                    CMD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Any new photos I take with my iPad will load OK, Tam. I don't have Matt's knowledge, Tam, so I can, and do, have problems understanding his observations.

I am sorry all of you Apple folks are having difficulties. I will look for a solution to this. I wish I had a apple I could use it would make it easier on my end to mimic what you folks are going through and for me to work through at least a temporary solution. I only assume that when the HEIF files are loading they are growing in size? I do not know that for sure because I have no way of seeing what is happening . My devices are Smasung Andriod. and windows 10 desktop PC . As more and more devices are developed and more and more apps are created it makes it hard for the developers to keep up with the technology.

Comment

I may have spoken too soon. I just found a site that has created an app that will turn HEIF back to Jpg https://imazing.com/guides/how-to-convert-heic-to-jpeg. I wish I had an apple to try it on but I do not.

Comment

Your awesome Hoss

Comment

IPad and iPhone users please give it a try today. We updated the site last night. It may have helped this concern . not sure until y'all give me some feedback.

Comment

I tried one photo that uploaded once before, but not lately. I still could not get it to load. But, as noted, were I to find that photo in an older thread, and saved it to my iPad from the thread, it should then load OK. That was my experience with the meeting photo posted above, and I am making an assumption when I say that would be the case with other photos that I cannot load at present, but that I could save to my devise if I find them posted in older threads on arrowheads.com. I also make the assumption that If I am still getting a "too big" message with one photo, that the same will be the result with other older photos.

Just tried, and failed, with another older photo that I had posted in a thread a few years ago.

I just tried to post a longer reply here, and the reply itself just said "working" and never loaded. Only thing I could add is I am not on iOS 11, but rather 10.3.3, and this problem only affects me if I am trying to use an older photo to help in a current thread. What I would do now is first see if the photo loads before typing a reply at length.

Now let's see if I can post this reply.....
                          Rhode Island

Comment

• Hoss
                            Hoss commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sorry you are having issues Charl I will report all findings back up.

• CMD
                            CMD commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks, Matt. It's not the end of the world. Good excuse to delete a lot of stored photos. Takes up a lot of memory on my iPad, and I could store them elsewhere....
                        Working...
                        X