Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    Well, no messages indicated now, Matt. So for the time being, it seems OK. Not the biggest deal anyway. I just had to check each time I logged in to make sure none were pm's.

• Hoss
    commented on 's reply
    I feel you pain Charl I wish there was something I could do to help.

• CMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoss View Post
    Go to your profile page and look under your avatar it says subscriptions and subscribers click subscriptions it will list up to ten on each page. On the right side of each subscribed topic it says " Subscribed" click that and the word unsubscribe comes up. I think you can guess what to do when you see unsunscribe. LOL Clickity click click.
    It changes to unsubscribe for a millisecond, and then changes back to subscribe before I can click on unsubscribe. But I'm just going to continue getting notifications at the messages tab top of forum page, so does not stop that from happening anyway. I'm sure you know by now anything more complex then tying my shoelaces is going over my head, lol. I'll just have to accept this as a permanent problem and just live with it....

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Go to your profile page and look under your avatar it says subscriptions and subscribers click subscriptions it will list up to ten on each page. On the right side of each subscribed topic it says " Subscribed" click that and the word unsubscribe comes up. I think you can guess what to do when you see unsunscribe. LOL Clickity click click.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    accoding to your profile Charlie you are subscribed to 13 different posts here is a screen shot of 10 of your subscriptions. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (25).png
Views:	76
Size:	692.8 KB
ID:	342322

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Where does it take you Charlie The KIVA or the admin section? Or is it regular forum.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoss View Post
    Just so I am clear on this Charlie you get an email from us every time someone posts or you get some other notification?
    At the top of the forum page, where it says messages, a red number appears indicating how many messages. When I go to the page, it will say "so and so posted to your subscription", and a link to the thread. But I have no subscriptions, and don't know what subscriptions are or mean anyway. I just dismiss them. I do check messages in case any are actual pm's, which they are on occasion. This was going on for a long time, then ceased for a couple weeks, before resuming lately. No, I am not getting emails. Just notifications that somebody posted to "your subscription". I guess I'd prefer if it indicated if I had a pm in messages, and nothing else. Again, I'm unfamiliar with "subscriptions", unless that's simply threads I've posted to. I don't think many of them are threads I've posted to.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Just so I am clear on this Charlie you get an email from us every time someone posts or you get some other notification?
    Last edited by Hoss; 01-04-2019, 04:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied
    Not sure how that happened Charl is any of the other mods having this concern? I will have to check my notes on how it is done . It is not something I do every day.

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    This happened to me once, and I’m pretty sure all my settings were correct. Hoss had to fix it with his administration clearance. If I remember right.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    My notifications seem to be set OK. To be more precise, I get notifications that say "so and so posted to your subscription", but they are never my subscriptions, and never threads I have posted in. I have no subscriptions at all to my knowledge. So I don't know how to correct this I guess. Just don't know if this is the kind of problem that can fill my inbox and prevent actual messages. I click "dismiss" on all of them most every day, just in case they do count against incoming personal messages. This just started on its own one day. Went away one day for a couple weeks maybe? Now every day again. None of them seem to bear any relation to me personally at all.

Leave a comment:

• Scorpion68
    commented on 's reply
    Tom - I saved AH.com Forums to my favorites and it takes me directly to the forums page when I open it.

• Scorpion68
    replied
    Charlie - In your "User Settings" there's a "Notifications" listed at the top. Select that and in Notifications there's an email block - click on the drop down arrow and take your pick. I picked "Off - Only through my message center." and I only get notifications through my message center of people commenting on my posts or liking my posts.

Leave a comment:

• tomclark
    replied
    User setting/Notifications.... somewhere in there..

Would be interesting to see what people use for settings. I think mine might be what came with the forum...but maybe I changed some things.. I'd also like to know how people access this site and/or the Forum. I land on Home-Advanced Search-Search Results and it's this, new posts since last on but I still have problems navigating lolol. :
    https://forums.arrowheads.com/search...ssage%22%5D%7D
    Last edited by tomclark; 01-03-2019, 08:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    started a topic Notifications

Notifications

Just curious. This went away for awhile, but now it's back. I get notifications for every post made to the forum. Any way to correct that?
Working...
X