Native American Rock Painting Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native American Rock Painting Pictures

Found in Northern Kentucky on Private land. Stone painting of a Native American indian with his weapon in hand. Very strong detail. Any ideas how old this is?

Attached Files

In my opinion it is just a natural rock and a case of Pareidolia.

Comment

Thanks for you input

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Did you find this closer to Ohio, or Indiana? Where I live, close to Ohio, the rocks stain very easily. That I just a natural rock, with stain on it, or it's just colored that way.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Jnnfhlm
          Jnnfhlm commented
          Editing a comment
          Closer to Indiana, town bordering the Ohio River.

That is a fairly large stone if that is your knee behind it for scale. I’d like to see the other side of what appears to be sandstone ....
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Need better pictures. The red stain is probably just from iron content. It could have come from the ground it was min or from within the rock itself. Does the surface seem smoothed over? Have you found other artifacts in the area?
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Jnnfhlm
            Jnnfhlm commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes somewhat smooth Many artifacts found. Large creek by the name of Corn Creek is nearby.

Comment

All maybe formations but are really cool rocks.

Comment

Another weird Rock

Comment

All are natural. Rocks by creeks tend to be stained more. If that's sandstone, then it can come with color stripes which is what I see.
                "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I have a perfectly ovaloid rock that sat in Georgia red clay, and now is stained as if it were an Easter egg.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	6BBD422A-7F07-4289-8E1B-14F1F7A9C1C7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	388530
                  Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Kentucky point
                    Kentucky point commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Anything that sits in Virginia clay does the same thing. I mean Virginia clay is bloody blood red.

You know, I was thinking about being a “Newbie”, which I am, and I thought about you. I’m about 5 weeks older than you, so thought I’d share some of my vast experience as a member of this website. You should read “Helpful Glossary for Newbies” in the Off the Wall forum. It’s very funny, and will give you an idea how the Oldies think about us Newbies!

P.S. the “Teeth” in specimen #2, are probably minerals. All rocks have minerals (that’s how they get their color), and one form of the mineral calcite is called “Dog Tooth” .
                  Last edited by Cecilia; 09-16-2019, 06:52 PM.
                  Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Jnnfhlm
                    Jnnfhlm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you for the info. Never know what's out there. I enjoy finding them and also learning about them.

• Havenhunter
                    Havenhunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Cecilia, no offense but this is a NA artifact forum, not a rock forum. If someone has found something that they question, that’s one thing, but we don’t encourage anyone posting just rocks because they may be cool looking. There are other online forums for rock hounds.

I find unusual rocks all the time when I'm out looking. I just keep the really really interesting ones now. Keep up the hunt,enjoy yourself.
                  NE Ohio surface hunter

Comment

Working...
                  X