Posts/Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts/Comments

In the coronavirus thread, a comment I left at 9:14 AM today, to post #54, by Joshua, is seen on the forum home page as the latest post to the thread. When I posted the comment, and hit "submit", the comment was posted twice. I know I only clicked once, so I hard deleted one of the comments. Perhaps that has something to do with why a comment would be shown instead, on the front page, as the latest post to the thread? No biggie, but thought it should at least be noted. It is not supposed to work that way, to my knowledge.
    Rhode Island

Just checked the thread, maybe I'm mistaken but your comment only shows up in Joshua's thread.
    Could it have been one of the weird glitches the site has been having? Seems if you leave the site then come back what you thought was a problem has disappeared.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Yes, that was my point, Greg. It was a comment in Joshua's post, but comments are not suppose to show as separate posts themselves on the front page of the forum. That's why I was puzzled. It was on the front page, as if it was the latest post to the thread, rather than a comment to Joshua's post. It doesn't show on the front page now, because another post was added. So, yes, I would assume it was a glitch, since that is the first time I saw that happen, and hence the reason I said things are not suppose to work that way.

I was not saying it was an actual new post. It was always a comment to Joshua's post, but, by showing as a new post on the front page, well, that has to be a glitch, and one I had never seen before.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
      X