Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]Butch Wilson wrote:

Originally posted by rmartin post=68567
    Butch.....What can I say? Does your wife know you are wearing her slippers?
    Heyyyyyy! Those are my slippers, gotta go with function not style......
      Butch, they are quite becoming on you! Real men can wear pick and like it. :laugh:  :blush:
    Charlie, I am glad you got that Ipad, its good to see you back.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Just got back from Apple store. After 30 minutes, they told me they found more than a dozen ways or functions that simply would not work on my devise. From the looks on their faces, I judged they had never seen a brand new IPad as defective as mine. I accepted a new replacement, and I'm using it in the library again. But, after 3 days of headaches from a defective tablet, I'm giving it a long rest. My wife likes the games, now that they work, so I'll let her "enjoy" it. LOL.
      Rhode Island

Comment

My apologies for coming down with  the "negative attitude bug". It can be worse than the flu if you don't catch it in time
        Anyway, my "new" new iPad is working fine, and I thank you all, esp. you, Butch, for your help!
        Rhode Island

Comment

Glad they replaced it for you Charlie.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hope your back starts feeling better Charlie. And Butch! Nice slippers!

Comment

Man, talk about Murphy's law in action. Have had a router for 2 days and the only site that cannot be downloaded by the iPad is AH.com!! I give up. LOL. No more computers for me. LOL......................
              Rhode Island

Comment

Charlie, makes no sense, i use a wireless router and i-pad for arrowheads.com.

Comment

Hi Charlie
                  I assume you are using Apple’s Safari browser and if you are fully updated it will probably be version 6.
                  Some websites have not been programmed to work with the latest versions of Safari and you may find a few that don’t work with version 5.1 or beyond. This gradually gets addressed after each new Apple software update but I think it’s only the website admin folk who can make that happen. As per my advice in the thread about Java, this is another good reason for not automatically accepting every new version of software that pops up. I would recommend the updates are set to “manual” so you get notified when a new version is available but choose when you want to install it. Wait a few months each time.
                  This is not just an iPad issue. Anyone running Safari on a PC will probably have the same problem.
                  If Andrew sees this, he will probably know straight-off if this is the problem and whether there is a workaround.
                  I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Charlie I am so sorry you are having to deal with all this. I am just throwing this all out for something to check on. Literally out of the box from Walmart I had nothing but trouble with the router I bought a couple months ago. It was a Netgear N type and did not function properly until I downloaded the updates.
                    You can use your desk top to update it updates the router not your pc.
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

painshill wrote:

Hi Charlie
                      I assume you are using Apple’s Safari browser and if you are fully updated it will probably be version 6.
                      Some websites have not been programmed to work with the latest versions of Safari and you may find a few that don’t work with version 5.1 or beyond. This gradually gets addressed after each new Apple software update but I think it’s only the website admin folk who can make that happen. As per my advice in the thread about Java, this is another good reason for not automatically accepting every new version of software that pops up. I would recommend the updates are set to “manual” so you get notified when a new version is available but choose when you want to install it. Wait a few months each time.
                      This is not just an iPad issue. Anyone running Safari on a PC will probably have the same problem.
                      If Andrew sees this, he will probably know straight-off if this is the problem and whether there is a workaround.
                        My software is 6.0.2  no problems.......

Comment

I would check both Charlie. I mean it did work for you from the library. so why not at home.

Comment

It's working fine now. Very fast as well. Could not get it to work at the library on Sunday either.  For the past hour or so, it's been loading this site very fast. Sorry to bug everyone, I"ll just keep my fingers crossed.  Thanks for the knowledge shared.
                          Rhode Island

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Charlie, add file works for me on the i pad mini

Touch add file text
                            Touch the box
                            You get a pop up "take photo/add existing photo"
                            Touch add existing photo
                            Touch photo stream
                            Select photo
                            Touch use
                            Move cursor to new line in the text body
                            Touch insert (file appears in text line)
                            I  usually zoom  in so I don't "fat finger" and touch Submit
                            wait, it happens
                              One question, Butch. Although I now know how to add photos, I find that, even touching softly, which I know is a must, I still have to touch "add file" and the empty box to the left anywhere from 10-25 times before the screen appears that allows me to "choose existing photos" I always start thinking I won't get it this time, but if I keep trying and trying, eventually it works. I've tried touching with varying degrees of finger pressure to no avail. Done with a gentle touch, still takes 10-25 attempts. I gotta be doing something wrong? First you touch "add file", then you touch the blank rectangle to the left?
                            Rhode Island

Comment

Charlie, I have the i-pad mini, the box and add file are very small targets. Sometimes it helps to zoom in to touch the riight area. The only problem I have had is when I submit. Same thing it helps to zoom in and make it a larger target.

Comment

Thanks, Butch.  Yes, I enlarge to be sure to hit the target.  Just need to do it many times, as said. It's not the iPad, it may be me, but at this point, I don't think so.  I'm touching with the right degree of touch, so to speak.  I notice on other forums, where you can click on an icon to upload photos, the iPad "select existing photos", pops right up.  Very easy.  I'll add a photo here and see how long it takes.  I'll make it interesting- a photo of Civil War Union General Ambrose Burnside, he of Burnside Bridge, Antietam infamy.  And he who gave us the word "sideburns", though I'd say he was in mutton chops phase for this photo

Just 2 tries, must be me, I'll get it down!
                                Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                                X