To my Family at AH.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To my Family at AH.com

I hardly no where to begin. I learned a couple things today. One, When confronted with a problem, best to just solve it, not so good to whine about it. It's a habit of mine, complain to everyone within earshot, in real space or cyber, and then go about fixing the problem. And the other thing I learned today is just how special my friends on this forum are. Not that I did not know that already, but Chris Gode stopped by today to show me with a ! just how kind and generous you folks are. Because I had expressed concern that not being able to use a desktop anymore, due to physical limitations, might mean I would have to drop off the Internet and this forum for quite a while(that was me whining), my friends on this forum got together and arranged for Chris to deliver a Toshiba laptop computer, refurbished and courtesy of chase, to my lap!! I was blown away by your generosity and by showing such concern for me. As those who know me know, I recently purchased an iPad, and I like it, after some initial problems and the learning curve. Of course, a tablet is not a computer, and for serious writing, I knew I'd be getting a laptop down the line. Thanks to you special friends, I now have that laptop.
    Of course, you really shouldn't have, but I will never forget your kindness and promise to put it to use.
    I do have some writing projects that need, well, writing.
    To Chase, Ray, Butch, Chris, Matt, Greg, Roger, Tom, and all my family at AH.com, thank you so very much! You folks are the best!
    Rhode Island

Charlie we already knew about the whining but we also accept you for who you are man. Your Our friend first!
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I just left a donation to the site, something I should have done by now anyway, considering how much time I spend here, and the very least I can do to convey my appreciation to my family at ah.com for your gift and your friendship.
      Andrew, thanks for all the behind the scene stuff that makes this site possible.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Charlie, you are very welcome. Those of us here that know you appreciate what you have brought to this forum and that is a great contribution in itself. Just staying active here is thanks enough for me!
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

it is things like this that set this site above and way beyond the rest.... this is the reason I am here ..... I think I have said something like this before, but i will say it again, no where on no other site will u find people like is right here .....
          I was gone for a while had somethings to take care of,,, man I missed yall its good to be back ...
               chase, Ray, Butch, Chris, Matt, Greg, Roger, I salute you
          As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
          NW Arkansas

Comment

G10 wrote:

it is things like this that set this site above and way beyond the rest.... this is the reason I am here ..... I think I have said something like this before, but i will say it again, no where on no other site will u find people like is right here .....
            I was gone for a while had somethings to take care of,,, man I missed yall its good to be back ...
            G10, Thank you!I hope that Christopher is doing great. Charlie I sent a PM to you. It is my intent to be here for all members. Like Charlie has said, I found a home. I enjoy having such good people around me. I have been blessed! To think one of our most valued members, not here was not an option "Charlie" please let me say, it has been not the same here without you. I will say the concern from Chris,"Tom" Greg,Ray,Matt, Butch, Roger was a remarkable! All I have to say is Thank You! You make this a great place!
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Charlie
              Behind the scenes, there was considerable concern both for your health and also for the impact that it might have on your continued and valued input to the forum. We were all keen to help you avoid an enforced absence and wanted to assist in any way that we could. Perhaps the real hero here was Chase, but he's too modest to say so. Well done all and particularly well done Chase.
              Very best wishes
              I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Charlie, I was concerned with you not being here, you're the only person grumpier than me ! As Roger said the real hero here is Chase, Thanks Chase !

Comment

G10 wrote:

I could not have put it better, Everett. And it's great to see you back here!
                  Rhode Island

Comment

rmartin wrote:

Charlie, you are very welcome. Those of us here that know you appreciate what you have brought to this forum and that is a great contribution in itself. Just staying active here is thanks enough for me!
                      Thanks so much, Ray :cheer:
                    Rhode Island

Comment

[QUOTE]chase wrote:

Originally posted by G10 post=69853
                      G10, Thank you!I hope that Christopher is doing great. Charlie I sent a PM to you. It is my intent to be here for all members. Like Charlie has said, I found a home. I enjoy having such good people around me. I have been blessed! To think one of our most valued members, not here was not an option "Charlie" please let me say, it has been not the same here without you. I will say the concern from Chris,"Tom" Greg,Ray,Matt, Butch, Roger was a remarkable! All I have to say is Thank You! You make this a great place!
                        I know you work hard to help your brothers and sisters on this forum, Chase, it is so very obvious, and very appreciated. I was playing around with my new laptop last night and can't thank you enough!
                      Tom, sorry I forgot to thank you as well in my first post.  Thank you, Tom!
                      Rhode Island

Comment

painshill wrote:

Charlie
                        Behind the scenes, there was considerable concern both for your health and also for the impact that it might have on your continued and valued input to the forum. We were all keen to help you avoid an enforced absence and wanted to assist in any way that we could. Perhaps the real hero here was Chase, but he's too modest to say so. Well done all and particularly well done Chase.
                        Very best wishes
                          Thank you, Roger. Chris explained to me what went on behind the scenes. I was overwhelmed that so many were so concerned for me.
                        But, I could not really be surprised at all, knowing the character of the folks like yourself who help imbue this forum with the spirit of family.
                        Chase is tops and the generosity he displayed and the concern you and my friends here showed for me is something special that I will never forget.
                        Rhode Island

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Charlie, I was concerned with you not being here, you're the only person grumpier than me ! As Roger said the real hero here is Chase, Thanks Chase !
                             :laugh:  :laugh:  And it's highly unlikely you'll ever overtake me!
                          Thanks, Butch!
                          Rhode Island

Comment

Well enough with the accolades and thank yous etc., etc., etc.
                            You have got no excuse now Charlie. So, keep on posting, keep on commenting, keep the topics entertaining and lively and if you need to, keep on whining!
                            Just glad your still here.
                            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thank you Chase and thank you Chris for Delivering the Laptop in person. Thank you Greg for posting your concern at the start of the thread for helping to direct us to this concerne
                              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
                              X