It just amazing to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It just amazing to me

It just amazing to me that a thread can get over 200 views and only 4 or 5 comments on it. I can understand that you have nothing to say on every post and some of the views come from guests to the site. But you are here because you are interested in seeing the artifacts and reading what might be said about them. So if your a guest. Please join and then join in on the topic. you might be surprised how much joy you can get by interacting with all the good people on the site. There are alot of very knowledgeable people on here that can help with any question you might have. Along with the ones that will give you a atta-boy for finding that point or artifact that you are so proud of. So join in, the rewards are endless. I haven't been on here that long myself so I'm sure somebody has said this before :unsure: Thanks in advance.
    I Have Never Met A Rock I Didn\'t Like

Well there are some that just view.
    I go to some sites and view and if I find the subject intresting
    then I do post my reply.
    Some of us that do reply do it purely out of courtesy.
    There have been posts that are nothing more than rocks.
    It is at that some would not post just to keep from hurting their feelings.
    I just view and if it is obviously is a rock maybe I will post on it just to
    keep them on track to find the real thing. We make attempts to be honest and open
    with opinions.

Some view and anything they have to say has been posted by others.
    I go to thank you when this happens.
    The reasons most do not post or reply are really not collectors they are just intrested.
    Some are members on other sites and just view to stay up on just what has been going on here.
    Truett now there is a new member that has been there for many years
    and I see many things comming from him.

You are a new member and we anticipate postings from you that will amaze many.
    Take notice about who replies and who just thank you.
    There is some that post regularly. Some once a week or less.
    We try to reply to most posts and attempt to give support.
    A lot of my posts get replys and some seem to be ignored, oh well.
    I am a member on several sites and try to visit regularly.
    Get in on our chat get to know some of the people who have a lot to say.
    BTW: What are you doing at home and not out finding stuff.

I just got home and am just going through here to see whats going on.
    Going to post some fossils I just found.
    I found more but camera batteries shut down and got no spares.
    I'll get back on and post more soon.
    Have a good day.....

Jess B.
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Comment

I was not downing anyone for not posting I was just trying to get more participation in on the site . Because everyone has an opinion and some might not realize how much they really do know about the subject. As far as chat goes I am not a chat type person. I used to go to chat rooms 15 years ago in fact I meet my wife of 11 years in one. Thanks for your post to this and all of my posts that you have commented on. Hope you found some great fossils.

Comment

Some just like to lurk! :dry: 

Comment

Interesting you brought this up Jeffery. If you will notice at the bottom of the forum page as I am writing this there are 14 members and over 400 guests. Most of the guests will never join and even more may never come back for another visit but their visit to an individual thread counts in the statistics.. There is also a large percentage of the members that never post and some that will post their own stuff but never comment on other's threads. I can appreciate your interest in seeing this forum grow and believe me when I say you are not alone. I have been here a couple of years and it has grown in leaps and bounds. I will thank you for doing your part.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I also have noticed that each time you go back to a post to look at any new post it adds another view to the counter this could account for some of the views. and I just noticed my category changed I posted on welcome to the forum.

Comment

Too many comments on some threads, often useless comments, cause new posts to get buried.  Some posts are lucky to get any comments and often it is from a moderator to bump it or show a newbie their post matters.
              I would advise members not to make congratulatory, etc. type posts if they can help themselves. 
              Sometimes a member will get on and make small posts on TOO MANY THREADS.   As a mod I try to keep from doing anything like that and actually I don't post as often as I'd like to, to keep the thread from getting too busy or burying other threads...   JMHOP   I use the THANKS button. 
                :laugh:  :laugh:
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

tomclark wrote:

Too many comments on some threads, often useless comments, cause new posts to get buried.  Some posts are lucky to get any comments and often it is from a moderator to bump it or show a newbie their post matters.
                I would advise members not to make congratulatory, etc. type posts if they can help themselves. 
                Sometimes a member will get on and make small posts on TOO MANY THREADS.   As a mod I try to keep from doing anything like that and actually I don't post as often as I'd like to, to keep the thread from getting too busy or burying other threads...   JMHOP
                  :laugh:  :laugh:
                  ??? If somebody finds a nice relic they are posting it cause they are proud and happy to have found it....At least on this site ya get a response. Guess Im one of them members that "Makes small posts on TO MANY THREADS".  :whistle: I like the action on this site...Was this advise given on the AACA site??!! Post on there and get 50 views with 0 comments...only can hear the crickets. 

Comment

turkeytail wrote:

If somebody finds a nice relic they are posting it cause they are proud and happy to have found it....At least on this site ya get a response. Guess Im one of them members that "Makes small posts on TO MANY THREADS".  :whistle: I like the action on this site.
                    I probably would agree Mark. Why post a relic picture if no one is going to respond?

Comment

I do believe responses do encourage future post! Sometimes as was said, the info or statement has already been made, no need to post just to post! Not much of a problem for us old folk, but the new and first timers respond to these post. Remember your first point, heck yeah ya do .

Comment

Jeffery I try to reply to posts when I can. Work schedule does not allow me to log on and post all the time. Might come on and read but by the time I can log on to respond the post is sometimes buried two pages deep. I do feel your pain but this is now a very busy forum!   Keep posting my friend love them all!!
                      Joe.

Comment

I'm with Mark. When I first joined, if it hadn't been for those "small posts" saying "Nice find or Congrats" after I had posted pics of my finds, I wouldn't have been here long.  I think those small posts make posters feel good about what they've found and give incentive to come back and post more.  I know it does me.

Comment

rmartin wrote:

Interesting you brought this up Jeffery. If you will notice at the bottom of the forum page as I am writing this there are 14 members and over 400 guests. Most of the guests will never join and even more may never come back for another visit but their visit to an individual thread counts in the statistics.. There is also a large percentage of the members that never post and some that will post their own stuff but never comment on other's threads. I can appreciate your interest in seeing this forum grow and believe me when I say you are not alone. I have been here a couple of years and it has grown in leaps and bounds. I will thank you for doing your part.
                          Ray- The "400 guests" are mostly bots that are constantly attacking and looking for cracks in the program security. It is the type of program that is used here, and not 400 real people reading.
                          These discussion boards ebb and flow. This board was one of the first in arrowheads back when Sam Williams started it over 15 years ago. I think every subject has been covered two dozen times by now, but newly found relics keep it fresh, as do the new collectors and new computer owners.
                          Not all collectors have the patience to answer questions or get into discussions, and most advanced artifact collectors have little if any online presence. The current hot fad now seems to be Facebook, but the ebb and flow of cyber-collecting continues on.

Comment

Good observations Cliff. I know I have posted most of my stuff more than once! Thank goodness for new folks and new artifacts. That is what keeps my interest.
                            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

:laugh:  HEY!!! Using my likeness without my permission!!!  Alrighty, as soon as I know more about arrowheads I'll stop posting my one liners.

Comment

Working...
                              X