Resizing pics by MP chg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resizing pics by MP chg

I lowered the MegaPixals on my camera from 12 (4000 x 2700) to 1.2 (1280 x 960) so let's see if it will load onto AH.com.. 
    And there she be.  Mark it works but on my camera - I had to use the lowest setting available.  Yours might be different.  This pic was loaded onto my computer then to AH.com using the new thread window and no photobucket.  ---Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Worked! Good picture too!

Comment

Did you get the pictures out of your computer Chuck? No photobucket?

Comment

Mark - I transferred two pics from my camera to the Kodak album on my computer.  One pic was 12MP (4000 x 2700 Pixels) and one was 1.2MP (1280 x 960 Pixels).  I was able to directly transfer the 1.2MP pic to AH.com without going to photobucket.  ---Chuck
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Cool!! Now Im wondering why I bought a 14 mp camera?!?!

Comment

Well - If you were only going to use it to take pics of artifacts you're probably right.  But if you take a picture of scenery or an insitu type pic, the 14mp really shows more detail.  Also when you enlarge the 14MP it really shows minute detail that the lower MP would not.  You can enlarge the 14MP much bigger than you can the 1.2 MP.  ---Chuck

Comment

If I do my e-bay pics should I go 14? Or dont it matter in macro?

Comment

Mark - If you have been doing your pics on ebay using the Macro with 14MP keep using it cause your pics will be better and when someone enlarges the pic for a better look they will see some super detail.  I dont usually use the Macro (mine aint got it but it does have a version of Macro).  That pic I took above of the black point was on close up setting (not macro) using 1.2 mp.  I can do the same thing in 12MP but it won't upload to AH.com.  I will always use the 12MP setting unless I'm trying to upload to this Website.  ----Chuck

Comment

Been using my daughters 9.2 mp, just got the kodak c-195 the other day. New in box for $55 bucks on e-bay auction! 1st pictures on e-bay will be tomorrow. Thanks fore the advice Chuck!!! Mark.

Comment

If you are using the Kodak Easy Share software, look at the bottom of the page before you save, it will give you options. Select "Best for web" option. This will adjust Picture size.

Comment

Nice picture.

Comment

Chuck that is one nice piece, what is it? Blade or point?

Comment

Joe - That be the same one that I posted in the forums and we ID'd it as a Brunswick.  I posted it as Brunswick/Greenbriar?. ---Chuck

Comment

Very nice Chuck!

Comment

Thanks for the thread. I was having the same "size" problem. Can I resize the pics now that they have been taken and downloaded to my computer? Messed around with the pic but can't seem to figure out how to resize to download on AH.COM. Any advise welcome.  Barry

Comment

Working...
                              X