Probably Last Pic Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably Last Pic Post

I think I've made my last pic post and quiet possibly my last post in general. Too much work for me to take the pics, upload the pics, for such little feedback. I'm probably being a baby, but I've got too much going on to put this much effort into everything. I take away the probably part, I am being a baby, but I really am done I think. This has been a great site. I held out as long as I could. I don't know what else to say.

That's too bad you feel that way Coach. No doubt with the baby and all you have a lot on your plate and some things have to take a back seat to those things that are more fulfilling and immediate. Always enjoy your posts and finds. I have felt the same at times but then think about why I keep coming back. Good people with like interest, who want to share their finds and learn from each other.
    Stick around, just do it less frequently. I know a few of us would miss your input.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Coach, I think..... well I go through times, where I question weather it is all worth it. I have many posts that get little to no response. As Greg said just take a step back and do less on the site. You have been very active here and that can burn you out. Your input has been valuable for the new members that seek answers. I always know, when I have seen your username replying to a post it has been taken care of.
      But I understand! You are a member here, and always will be with me, considered a valuable member.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Well dude I have been there and have found out that time takes it's toll on us all.
        Being frustrated with very little replies to your posts made me think twice. I even removed a post or two when I saw 20+ views and 1 or no replies.
        I, not being a young adult, have little to do but work hunt and improve my literary skills.
        Instead of posting or replying to all you see and do.
        Work on a creative blog. Write your experiences at what you do.
        My blog is on-going and I will continue to do so.
        We will be here, if you decide to drop in and say hi.
        At least show us your accumulative finds.
        PS: There are a lot of lurking lookers that never post or reply.
        Take a gander at our member list.
        Wow it just seems to go on and on..... you never see posts or anything else...from most.
          Jess B.
        It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
        It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
        Circa:1982

Comment

I understand your feelings Coach. Sometimes life gets in the way. I have become burnt out on forums before and this one is no exception. When it gets to be work participating then it is time to slow things down. Take a break, lurk for a while, but stick around Man. You are a valued member here.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I check out views..  As long as people are looking it's not a waste of time.
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Hey Coach, I have been here only a very short time but I look forward to seeing your thoughts and pictures. I know very little about American artifacts and like to learn from knowledgeable collectors like you. Lots of times I simply click on the "Thank You" button because that's the best reply I can make.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

That's too bad you feel that way Coach. No doubt with the baby and all you have a lot on your plate and some things have to take a back seat to those things that are more fulfilling and immediate. Always enjoy your posts and finds. I have felt the same at times but then think about why I keep coming back. Good people with like interest, who want to share their finds and learn from each other.
                Stick around, just do it less frequently. I know a few of us would miss your input.
                Greg hit the nail on the head Coach, we all feel that way from time to time, but this is a great site with some really great and knowledgeable folks. Hope you have a change of heart and stick around.. "D"

Comment

clovisoid wrote:

I check out views..  As long as people are looking it's not a waste of time.
                  I agree.....you should be looking at how many views you've had.....There's a lot of folks out there that will never make a comment,but that don't mean they don't enjoy lookin!!!

Comment

I agree with everyone on this. I only replied to this post cause its something I can relate to. I look at all the post but never feel like I have the right thing to say. Always seems like someone has said what I wanted to say. And another thing is I guess im lucky cause its super easy for me to post pics so im sorry for people that don't have it as easy. Anyways don't leave for good. Thanks.

Comment

dang coach I hate to hear that. I have two boys myself, 16 and 11. Lots of phases to go through, hang in there. I look forward to maybe seeing some posts in the future.  Maybe when you dig up a killer point you will just have to show us.

Comment

Coach,
                        You can't take it all too seriously. There is a definite ebb and flow to online discussion boards- it's been there since the first ones started in the 90s. Every summer gets slower because everyone is either outside or on vacation, etc. That's why there are fewer shows in the summer. Plus, factor in the facebook factor, which is the hottest thing in collecting right now by far.
                        And, most people are looking at the pictures, but never commenting.

Comment

I admit this forum gets a little boring from time to time with all the fossils, geofacts and "effigies". But I like the members here so that makes it worthwhile for me to stick around. Sometimes you just need a break from all of the forums.

Comment

Coach
                            I am gonna miss you brother. You have shared so much with us i feel like I know you. I am one who reads a lot and don't post near enough. We will keep a chair warm for you if you want to come back we will be here talking relics and rocks and fossils as always.
                            Hoss
                            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hang around Coach. You seem like one of the good ones out there. I really hate computers and mine is fairly sorry and very slow sometimes. I struggle with anything technical but I like arrowheads and seeing others finds.   My internet always seems to go down. Like one other said always seems someone just said what you were about to. And I been meaning to ask what do you coach?

Comment

Working...
                              X