Any ideas on what these might be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on what these might be

Any ideas on what they might be I found the top one about a quarter mile off the st.Frances river in Qulin missouri and they second one from the top I found in Naylor missouri I’m the sand hills and the thirds from the bottom I found in fairdealing missouri off of a creek bank and I have another smaller one I found as well off of a creek bank near fairdealing

Some call Them Leaverites, as to keep looking.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Fla.Hillbilly
      Fla.Hillbilly commented
      Editing a comment
      Leaverites there

They have grove a notch marks

Comment

I’ll post another picture

Comment

Look natural from those photos
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you may be searching likely sites. Spend some time here and at other sites, books etc. and familiarize yourself with what artifacts should look like and what they are typically made of. You'll be finding them soon.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Agree with the rest, and welcome
            South Dakota

Comment

Comment

A couple of those may be artifacts. Hard to tell in that fuzzy pic. The origional post has natural stones.

Comment

You made your post in the section of the forum for those having problems with its technical aspects. I have moved the thread to a more appropriate section.

As others are saying, these appear to be broken rocks which do not exhibit the diagnostics of man-made flaking. In case you weren't aware 'leaverite' is jargon for a rock which isn't worth picking up (leave-er-rite-there).

It's clear from your posts so far that you lack experience in identifying artefacts but, if you stick around and browse the forum, there are plenty of pointers for you to pick up on. I would direct you in particular to the forum section "Rocks Mistakenly Believed to be Artifacts" and also to our extensive "Information Center"
                  I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I will second and third that; In the last pic with all the finds I do see several possibilities for a couple of stemmed points, but I'd have to see closer pics.

Comment

Your eyes and mind are fixating on shapes instead of purposeful work done by Man. You are not finding much of the right knappable tool material, either. Didn't you get the memo?
                      Professor Shellman
                      Tampa Bay

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                        X