Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myans in the South East

If you live in the South East and find swiftcreek pottery
    along with other cultural artifacts there is a cross over with Myan culture in designs .
    Now I have always wondered how or why the Myans traveled
    so far . If you are interested I screen shot some links to look up . I didn’t put them up as one is 64 pages long and I don’t want to flood the thread with this .
    But I studied this in school and none of this was available
    back then . We had the Encyclopedia copy 1953 and limited library books . I cannot believe the meteor with the tsunami .
    Just found this interesting and anyone that wants to look this up .

Hope this comes up

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      It may help if you simply add the link instead of trying to upload all of those pictures

Hi Tam. I've visited Richard Thornton's website many times and I've read lots of what he has written about Mayan connections with southeastern cultures. IMO one needs to read his writings with a very critical frame of mind. Some of what he says stretches my limits of believability regarding the Mayans and Peruvian connections. Other things he writes seem very reasonable. I think he often uses his imagination in more creative ways than do most folks with his fairly high level of knowledge. I do find his writings interesting for the most part even those that are not based on "hard" evidence. He has attracted a small following of people but always seems to be at war with the professional archeologists in his area. But that is not always a bad thing. Antiquated ideas like, for example, the way Asians first got to America down an ice free corridor as the continental glaciers were receding after the Wisconsin Glaciation, is dying such a slow death.

Comment

Joe thank you as usual , I will look him up now . Hopefully I can acquire one of his books as I would love to have that in my collection

Comment

Personally, I would not waste my money on Thornton. Here is a skeptical view with links to others. Once one sees Scott Wolter of the History Channel's America Unearthed supporting Thornton, red flags should go up all over the place, IMHO....

http://www.andytheargumentativearcha...-rock-gap.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/may...ry?id=15291662

I’ve been writing about alternative history since 2001, when I first started publishing articles about the then-popular ideas of Graham Hancock, Robert Bauval, Robert Schoch, and their friends....
        Last edited by CMD; 10-05-2017, 07:47 AM.
        Rhode Island

Comment

• sailorjoe
          sailorjoe commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Charlie. I am in tune with you regarding Thornton. I check his website once every few weeks or so to see what he is saying. He is always interesting but not always believable.

I agree with Charlie.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Wow thank you .. you group of mentors .
          much appreciation .

Comment

Reading all this . JUST FASINATING
            AGAIN THANK YOU .

Comment

Working...
            X