Kirk stemmed - North Eastern Typology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirk stemmed - North Eastern Typology

Find locations in most states East of the Mississippi. This thread refers to North Eastern Typology, PA, MA, RI, NY, DE, CT, MD, VT, NJ and NH.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0490.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	396284

Large, to medium sized stemmed point. Stems can be parallel to contracting, and bases straight to concave. Depending on condition, shoulders are barbed. Steep beveling on stem sides is common, and some points exhibit beveling on the right side of the blade edges. Serrations can range from fine, to rough, as seen on the above point, found in Berks Co. Pennsylvania. Lithics vary by area, but Quartz, Quartzite (above), chert, Jasper, rhyolite and others are commonly found.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	396303 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	396304 Confusing typology for Kirks....S.E. Kirks are a different breed....
    Still same time period I suppose Early Archaic 6000 BCE to 5000 BCE maybe the most common type in Fl!??
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      North eastern types and south eastern types are way different breeds altogether, lol!

Good post Ethan. If you don't mind I would like to leave this lie for a couple of days to allow CMD to review, add, edit etc. If we don't hear from him give me a kick in a couple of days and we'll get this in there.
    And Tom, post that stuff in the info section professor!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
X