• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decatur

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2825.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	624778 These have burin like flakes running from the outer corners of the base toward the center of the base.
    This basal treatment is sometimes ground, as in the example on the right.
    The example second from left has burin flakes in the notches also.
    These were usually resharpened by beveling.

Cool..Love the idea of predictably when flaking 👍
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Nice examples and not a very common type.
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Wowzers, that larger white one would have been a world class example when first made.

Great examples.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

The first four look like Decaturs to me. However, with this photo the one on the far right does not look like one. Could you post a larger pic of this point by itself? I particularly want a good view of the base. As you probably know, the unique base is the distinctive feature of the Decatur so if you have it in hand you should know. However I need the photo before I can agree. I had 15 of them in my old collection. I have only one now and it is very small and was used as a dart point. The point was named by James Cambron for Decatur, AL where he lived as did I. He was a mentor of mine back in the day.

Comment

You need to respond to my question about the one point before we will consider the points for inclusion in the information center. If the one point is not a Decatur as I suspect then another photo of the others under better light conditions may work out just fine.

Comment

Working...
            X