• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	082 [replaced].jpg
Views:	153
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	200996

Here is a nice Axe from Ks. A friends friend was riding ATV around and found it and called him because he knew he collected. He describe it to him because he wasn't sure what it was but thought it had a use. The friend knew right away and was gone to pick it up. Sure he said thanks and to keep a eye open when he goes that way again. Lucky guy to have a friend like that. Don't think JOE would do that for me do you.

Comment

Martin those are both great finds as 11KBP said those are hard to come by here! Thanks for showing! No don't think so Spanky, you would be (how u say in english) S.O.L B) Nice try though!!
      Joe.

Comment

Dang it Joe thought we was friends. First time I post anything in awhile things have changed a bit. Pic not as clear as it looked in file though. Wish we had more around here, guess have to go buy one.

Comment

Spanky, I think I heard something like "Keep your friends close, and your Axes closer" er sumpthin like that !

Comment

Hoss wrote:

Best I could do on short notice. I had this picture on my web page.

This one is 6" long too and a beauty. Found in New Haven Co. CT.
              Nice one Hoss! It is very similiar. Ray
            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I like that one Spanky. Thanks for showing it.

Comment

Nice Gents!
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Butch I know what you mean I had to try. Ray sure do like those. And Hoss you cant beat that. Whats for sale  :laugh: be the only way I get one from around here. there far and few between.

Comment

friends brother found this 30 yrs. ago I have a couple of pics of it see if I can find them again and add to this post. What you guys think? Shape odd for what we have seen around the area. One end broke off.

Comment

That is a very unusual one Spanky and a big one too. Its a real shame its broken but I still like it. Ray

Comment

Yes it is, the one end comes to a point and the broke end would of been tapered to a nice bit. He told me where they found it just need to see if same family owns the ground.

Comment

Nice axes guys. Never found one..maybe this year!

Comment

Holy Cow, great axes guys!
                            This one from SC  Paint chips on it from sitting on shelf!

Professor Shellman
                            Tampa Bay

Comment

Great axes, Ray, and a great thread with excellent examples all around from forum members. Have only found one intact and a broke in decades of looking.
                              Rhode Island

Comment

Hey Tom, is that the axe that came with a wife ?

Comment

Working...
                                X