Would these represent a camp ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would these represent a camp ?

So am I in the right area to look for artifacts are these hammer stones.

I think what u have there are mostly rocks ,  the one u r holding in the first pick MIGHT , be something ...
    But even then with out finding it in context with something it's hard to say...
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

The one you are showing in the last pic does show some battering. It could be a hammerstone. If you are looking for camps, look for flint flakes and fire cracked rock. Later camps in your area would be littered with pottery sherds.
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I thought hammer or pecking stone damage on ends

Comment

The whole state of az is littered with pottery I don't pick it up anymore

Comment

Ha! I've got a son in Tucson and have spent a lot of time in Nevada as well, hear what you are saying about pottery laying everywhere.
            Some of those could be hammerstones, hard to tell. Like Rmartin, if your in a camp there should be other signs. Flint, flakes, Arrowheads!, fire rock, maybe bone, shell, etc. You'll know without a doubt.
            Keep on hunting and keep on showing us what you find, me I like the SW stuff!
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I agree with Ray,  the last pic looks like it could very well be a hammerstone.  At least its a clue.
              If you find more stuff there,  then it probably is.   Gary
              South Dakota

Comment

G10 wrote:

I think what u have there are mostly rocks ,  the one u r holding in the first pick MIGHT , be something ...
                But even then with out finding it in context with something it's hard to say...
                sorry I meant the last pic as Ray said ... I was on my phone reading this thread when U first posted this thread and it didn't not load the pics right ....
                As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                X