Is there such thing as a funk in Arrowhead hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there such thing as a funk in Arrowhead hunting

I've been hunting since I was a kid and all of a sudden, I can't find an arrowhead to save my life! I've put in more time this fall than I ever have before yet nothing. I've never experienced anything like this. I'm not necessarily getting 'too' serious about hunting, but every time I go out and don't find anything I start to think more and more. Now when I go to new locations, I think too much I feel like and am not in the right locations at all!! I am in a total FUNK! What should I do?

lol...I am going thru the same funk..couldn't tell u whats causing it tho...I just hope it soon goes away for me and u 2

Comment

sprinkle tobacco and burn sage at yer best spot, ask the good spirits to grant you some artifacts to cherish and protect.if ya believe in that sort of thing. cant hurt to try!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

thanx jay ima try it...how much of each?

Comment

as much as you feel is appropriate. i like to throw some to the four winds,starting in whatever direction the sun is shining on me.sometimes i'll burn a smudge stick of sage and just stick it in the sand and walk away.(i pick it up when im done lookin on my way back thru)not all the time,but days im out there by myself when its not so corny in front of people.my hearts in it and i think thats what matters.seems to work....sometimes.
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Welcome to my world! I have tried to change my mindset. I go for a long walk, get good exercise, enjoy nature, and think about the $65 I saved by giving up golf.

Comment

You have to take the Albatross off your neck first! Yes, there are funks.
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

Persistence will pay off.  You will find a new hot spot and the points will be all over the place.
                You never know when that really good spot will show up.    Gary
                South Dakota

Comment

Keep looking for a hot spot or else change your technique.  I was in a funk last month and decided to use a leaf blower and found a couple of arrowheads.

Comment

Bang two rocks together. It used to work for me. LOL I told my hunting buddy, dear old dad it was my arrowhead call. I used to do that Dear hunting too. People tend to be way to quiet in the dear woods. Banging rocks had the same effect as rattling antlers. Just do it once about a half an hour after you sit down.  Dear are curious they will come and look see what the heck made the noise.
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I have hunted for a long time and yeah there are ups and downs. I went through a big drought earlier this year. My hunting partner (brother) consistently outdid me as did another guy I occasional hunt with. I finally broke out (in a big way) after a few months. Gotta just keep trying!
                      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Sometimes thinking of this helps me..

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

I think everyone hits a funk like that once in a while. I know when I used to regularly hunt (several times a week) I would hit occasional spells where I wouldn't find anything. And these were the same spots that had consistently been turning up stuff for a few years. Anyways, I moved out of state for a couple of years, came back and have had my best year ever... and that is from hunting less than half the spots I used to and only getting out about twice a month! Sometimes you just have to wait on mother nature to change a creek or erode one out of the ground, or try digging in a different spot. Be patient and don't give up!

Comment

All good ideas. Really mindset is where its at. Sometimes you just try to hard. I run into times where it seems like I cant find my car keys to get back home and other times where it seems I just need to hold open my pocket for them to jump in. I always look at it, that when I run into a slump of not finding anything. I will break out, and when I do those points are just that much sweeter of finds. A zig A zag looking left when you need to look right, looking up when you should be looking down all run through my mind when I am in a slump. That's when I know I am looking to hard. Over thinking what is natural. You know how to find them, and have done it in the past with success. You mentioned Golf, so you understand from one day to the next your play can be different, for me I don't play Golf, because when I play it don't resemble the game. It will change, so don't give it too much thought, and make it that much harder.
                            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I go through a whole litany of invocations for help before I set out. But I think it's easy to be a "superstitious" bunch because we do go through dry spells. And just because you always have to be in the right spot at the right time. In a sense, It's always about luck, is it not? Walking a corn row, head to the right, scanning the ground, walk right by a point laying all showing by your left foot.  You strike out, but you left a point. Yep, funks happen. For the Mrs. And I, funks dominate these days because we have put so much pressure on our local sites for decades. The points are not still being made, so our spots grow spottier each passing year.
                              My favorite? I address the old timers who helped me in my youth and who have passed on, and I ask them to walk with me and use my eyes if they want, lead my steps. Also ask help from the prehistoric peoples of specific locations.
                              I also very much pay attention to a type of "inner radar" whereby sometimes it seems a little voice or "feeling" says "walk that way" and, by God, it works often enough so that I try not to miss those moments and sudden "feelings" when they happen. They can be pretty subtle too. Recognize them! Earlier this year, got a feeling, "10 feet or so up the bank right here". Sure enough, there was a point lying amid a bunch of red bricks from a foundation exposed by erosion, completely unseen from where I had been standing.  Coincidence or radar? To me, when you are deeply involved in a subject, both the activity itself, and thinking about it a lot when not engaged in the activity, these kind of synchronicities or meaningful coincidences happen. Any port in a storm
                              Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                              X