Possible hunting locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible hunting locations

Having recently relocated here to the Maryville, Tn. area I am sure having some difficulty trying to figure out where to even begin scoping out some areas for hunting artifacts.
    Any help would sure be appreciated....and would gladly go along with, or meet someone willing to show me around a little bit.
    Thank you, Larry

Welcome to the forum from Central Illinois. Can't help ya on that Larry but we have some knowledgeable Tenn. folk here.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Larry,
      Start doing some online research of known Indian sites near your area. If you dig in a little (no pun intended) you will find identified sites near you. The archaeological chapters will have some published/online info. You can then use google maps to identify the adjacent creeks,rivers, streams and farms nearby and ask the adjacent property owners if you can explore. You can also use the online property tax records to get the names and addresses of the property owners or just take a drive nearby and hope you find a friendly farmer or land owner. Where there were Indians, there are artifacts. Best of luck!

Comment

You got plenty to work with.

Comment

Working...
        X