dig sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dig sites

The last few days I've been looking for a site to dig. I have tested alot of the places I have found arrowheads. My digging has not produced even a good size flake.Any and all sugestions would be appreciated.
    east Tx.

Posted by [Mainejman]:

Hudson im new on here i dont know how much experience you have.I usually concentrate on areas next to waterways.Usually invoves finding out information on the internet.I look for tell tale signs fire rocks, chips, rock types that were used for making artifacts.I usually try to imagine where id set up camp.Taking things in account such as which way it faces the sun.Its access to the water.If it would be in a floodplain.You can better your odds but there is still alot of luck involved.good luck....

Comment

mainejman wrote:

Hudson im new on here i dont know how much experience you have.I usually concentrate on areas next to waterways.Usually invoves finding out information on the internet.I look for tell tale signs fire rocks, chips, rock types that were used for making artifacts.I usually try to imagine where id set up camp.Taking things in account such as which way it faces the sun.Its access to the water.If it would be in a floodplain.You can better your odds but there is still alot of luck involved.good luck....
        Check....
      If you think it may have been a good area to survive perhaps the NA's did also.
      Jess B.
      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
      Circa:1982

Comment

not sure if it will work 4 u but it does 4 me...I have taken a rake with me 2 a few places I have found several decent rocks at and I rake a bit and leave it...I go back after it rains or snows and there are usually some nice finds there..good luck rodney

Comment

Go to where two creeks or a spring and a creek meet and there will be a camp there. Guaranteed. Thanks

Comment

Posted by [Mainejman]:

Also lake or pond inlets and outlets.Sometimes it also has to do with water depths,rapids ,falls..

Comment

rockdigger wrote:

Go to where two creeks or a spring and a creek meet and there will be a camp there. Guaranteed. Thanks
                Here's a good example of what Tate just mentioned.

Just above these two creeks is the campsite.
              South Dakota

Comment

...i'd camp up there too, and hunt the hell outta the whole site! :laugh:
                call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

LOL,  I know,  but its quite the hike to get there.  Going to put in a little more time this spring.
                  South Dakota

Comment

Thats a beatiful spot, I would hang out there all the time.
                    east Tx.

Comment

thats good its a hike! it'll keep others from finding me! :laugh:
                      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Working...
                      X