to dig, or not to dig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to dig, or not to dig?

I have found a couple banks of origin at a spot that has produced several nice artifacts for myself and a few of my friends just in 2013 alone. One of these points was a 2 1/4" Cobbs that only had about an 1/8" of the base sticking out about 5' up the 8' bank. Needless to say, that Cobbs is now sitting next to my other Cobbs in my collection.
    Finding that point just barely sticking out of that bank has left me wondering if it would be worth digging on top of the bank where it was found, or would it be better to start scaling the bank layer by layer. I have never dug for artifacts before and usually just stick to the creeks and rivers so any input or advice from any fellow hunters would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached is a pic of the Cobbs and a smoking Dickson that I found at the bottom of the other bank of origin just a bend away from where the Cobbs was found

Click image for larger version

Name:	023 d [replaced].jpg
Views:	85
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	210899

Welcome to the forum from Central Illinois. I am not a digger either but We do have some folks here that can answer that. By the way, that Dickson is an amazing piece!
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Thanks! It was found Labor Day weekend 2013 at my hot spot. I was supposed to go on a float trip that weekend with a bunch of friends but decided to back out at the last minute. Good thing or I would've never found it!

Comment

Working...
      X