Tips for hunting construction sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for hunting construction sites?

Received permission today from a local landowner to hunt a site where they're building a new office park. They've leveled the forest already and the area used to be farm land and backs up to a tidal creek and marsh where artifacts have been found before. I mostly hunt the river banks and have never hunted a site like this. Wanted to see if anyone has any advice? Thanks in advance.

Just start walking and keep looking. First time in a new spot, I'll hit as much as possible, particularly what I think are prime areas in search of evidence like flakes, fire rock, etc. If you start finding evidence, slow down and work a section at a time. also, hope for a good rain!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

If you can get some info./time schedules from any guys working around it may help, otherwise check it often.. If they set up a trailer, take them a box of donuts and explain what you're doing - It doesn't take long for the earth movers to strip off/re-contour the site to where there's nothing left to find. Sometimes they'll sell the topsoil, and other times they'll pile it up for re-use - I've always looked there as well.
      If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

All good advice. You have to work fast because it will soon all be gone.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
        X