Your Walking Stick..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Walking Stick..

What do you guys use as your walking sticks for searching fields? I know some guys have their lucky stick that always goes with them every time they search a field and ive seen some pretty nice ones.. I had a beautiful stick that i carved from a 100 year old locus fence post that i used for years and one day i laid it down and didn't notice it wasn't with me until i got home.. Went back a few days later but couldn't find it.. Before i make a new one or buy something i thought i would get some ideas from you all here..You all know having a good stick is why we find nice artifacts..lol
    My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

I found a cypress limb that was worked by a beaver;   perfect length, taper, and very lite!

Comment

I have just about always used a beaver stick. Had the same one for probably 20 years now! I have a small supply of spares just in case but I guess I am kind of funny about my stick!
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I have two, a hickory tobacco stick my grand father cut with a pocket knife 50 years ago, and a sour wood stick my uncle cut for me. both are ver light and very strong.

Comment

I still carry a beaver stick and my 37 year old hickory stick in my trunk but I've become partial to a hoe. My back isn't in the best shape these days and with the hoe, I can slide it underneath an object an pull it out of the water without stooping over. Also handy for flipping larger rocks and stuff but I don't get very aggressive with it. I'm not much of a digger, don't like to disturb the creek that much. It's not very light and sometimes gets hung up on brush but I like it. I've also used it to hook a root wad and help get up on a creek bank more than a few times. Plus it's just darn fun to say "I got my hoe in the trunk, let's go hunting".
          Rick, East Central Missouri

Comment

http://www.arrowheads.com/index.php/...k?limitstart=0 heres a post i started on walking sticks if yer interested.
            call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Sorry for the newbie mistake i should have searched here first..Thanks for the link lots of nice sticks to look at for some ideas..
              My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

no mistake! its your post! just glad to see you had a similar idea! uhhmm,something about thinking and great minds, ya know! :laugh:
                call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

I've got a diamond willow stick all urethaned up.  Its nice and heavy in case I run into a mountain lion,  but what I use all the time is a bamboo ski pole.  A friend of mine gave it to me to use duck hunting.  It will keep you upright when mucking around  picking up decoys.  It's light,  got a wrist tether,  so I can drag it if I want.  It's got a nice little point on the end for flipping little stones.  Not sure where you would even get one anymore.  I'm sure antique stores might have them.
                  South Dakota

Comment

I don't snow ski anymore but the ski pole works great for walking the fields and cutovers.

Comment

Working...
                    X