• Show
Clear All

• Pullenrock
    replied
    Alls bout Respect..Alls bout freedom...

Leave a comment:

• LARRY1
    replied
    Im glad they got that man.I would never touch anythang that was in or around a grave.The thangs he picked up he replaced just like he picked them up.Since i postef this i have been on line for any info that cave hunter my have posted.They only hunt caves that are big enough to house man.What gets me is the view of the site from space.We do have rock mounds here in GA in the shape of eagles and all.But they dont stand out on google earth like this site.But yet they are all on record and for the mostpart open to public.Unlike this site.Im starting to think that the term we use around here (old money)may play a roll in it.Or maybe i just aint found YET.

Leave a comment:

• argohunter
    replied
    This was a few years ago when I was there last. I want to say its been either 4 or 5 years since I have been.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf22
    replied
    Chris
    May have been the same guy last year, but this happened about fours years ago at the Temple show.
    I have bought some Texas Stars from him.
    Jack

Leave a comment:

• argohunter
    replied
    I was at the Temple show that year. I was looking at that guys stuff, customs hooked him up, packed his stuff up, and said that none of it was for sale. What got me about the whole deal was he was back at the show by the end of the day with a couple frames of arrowheads. He was way over priced after he got arrested. Lawyers don't come cheap. Haha.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf22
    replied
    Larry
    In the Big Bend part of  Texas near the Rio Grande there have been a lot of  cave burials found. Most of the caves along the Rio Grande are not real deep some being a few feet deep to 100 ft deep. The dead native  and a few burial objects were placed in the cave then the entrance would be filled in with rocks, some times mud would be used to cover the rocks.
    I was at an artifact show in Temple Texas and customs came in and arrested a gentleman who was selling grave goods that came from caves on the Mexican side of the river. They hand cuffed him and took him away with his collection. One of the custom agents told the show sponsor that they had been tracking the guy for a while and had set up a sting buy at the show.
    Jack

Leave a comment:

• LARRY1
    started a topic cave graves?

cave graves?

Any info out there on indian cave graves? A friend of a friend came to my house one day about 15 years ago and ask me about them.I dont him i dont know why do you ask? He said he had just got alot of land that once was part of what was called the ball plantion.And the other day a member of some kind of cave club tracked me down asking if he could look over my land for the old cave graves.He pulled out a old news paper from the late 1800's that had a clip about a coon hunters dogs had went into a hole and he could hear the barking till they got out of range.Afer hrs of waiting they did not return so he left them till the next mornin.He returned with a friend to find the dogs waiting on him at the hole.He said they opened the hole enough to get in and look around.It was said they found what seems to be rooms of bones that he thinks was indians.So they closed the cave up so the dogs could not get back in.He told the man sure go ahead,let me know what you find.The man had not got back with him.He ask if i will walk the land with him and look at some of the stuff he had found,and that he dont want to remove them so ill have to view them there.Anyway there was 2 pipes a stone bowl a rock the size of a VW bug in the shape of a bufflo running and a triangel shape rock that had a arrowhead placed in the center of it.I never seen no hole or cave but the place gave me the creeps.I told him to get a indian to check it out.I got to go.It croosed my mind the other day when i was playing with google earth.So like a dummy i went and looked from space at the land.The creeps set in again.In the very place he showed me all that stuff is sticking out like a sore thumb in the land scape.To creepy for me.lol
Working...
X