Arrests in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrests in Texas

Some arrests down in Texas and probably more on the way. http://kxan.com/2015/01/16/texas-war...head-poaching/
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Thanks Hoss!
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I read the article. I think the 23 comments currently posted on that site says it all!!
      http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

No wonder.....look at this crap right on the lake. I wonder if they got any carbon dates.....lol

:dunno:

Comment

Sheesh, I guess facts don't always matter when reporting news.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Are the  blue bells out already or is this a dated picture?
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

tonkawa, is that dogbane on the left side of your pic,or some other type of milk weed plant?

Comment

sneakygroundbuzzard wrote:

tonkawa, is that dogbane on the left side of your pic,or some other type of milk weed plant?
                  Blue bonnets I think

Comment

nope not the pretty blue ones
                  but the grey brushy looking things on the left side with the pods on the tops of them

Comment

Thought it was dead leaves on some cut limbs

Comment

Did anyone notice the game warden was showing the over street book?

Comment

Well, I must confess to being a little confused here, but maybe that is because I don't live in Texas.  Here in Tennessee, game wardens rove around on both public and private lands to support wildlife research, promote conservation, and check to make sure that hunters and fisherman have licenses to hunt and fish.  I can't say that I ever recall a case where TWRA game wardens here in Tennessee were out doing cultural resources law enforcement on privately owned lands.  And like you say, if the persons had property owner permission to be digging for artifacts, no enforcement could be done legally.  And even if someone was trespassing on private land, I find it a little hard to believe that state game wardens would be arresting people for trespassing on private land.  The local police or sheriff would sound more logical to me---with the property owner having called them.
                        It is a really short story.  I am wondering if a lot of the salient facts were left out of this story in the interest of brevity in a newscast---meaning that this thing looks a bit screwy because we do not have the whole story about all of this.  If they were arresting people for digging out artifacts on state lands only without permission or a permit, that would make more sense.

Comment

I always thought books with artifact pictures never should have listed prices beside the artifacts. The inevitable has followed!

Comment

It wasn't me......I know y'all are thinking about us boys down here in Texas....but I'm ok, not in jail.... :rolf: ....and would never trespass on private property and dig up stuff.  So if you were worried....I'm ok
                            :woohoo:

Comment

Twerent me needer.
                              I only been picken dem fossils here lately.
                              I stay away from areas that are prohibited.
                                Jess B.
                              It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                              It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                              Circa:1982

Comment

Working...
                              X