Tuscon Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuscon Arizona

Heading out to Tuscon Arizona for a family vacation. Marriot Starr Pass Resort. Looking for a few tips on where I might hunt. (Just to observe a few on the ground and not touch!) I remember a previous thread to try the park at the end of East speedway Blvd. If anyone else has some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Also any favorite hiking spots. I like waterfalls!
    Thanks in advance.

Rob, two of my three sons live in Tucson. I'll ask them and will let you know.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

One son responded, nothing outside of the end of East Speedway for arrowheads but he suggested a few sites to see.
      In terms of arrowheads, not too sure.  You were out looking for them on Speedway East, remember? But in terms of sites, right by Starr Pass resort is the stone house that we went to with you, Saguaro National Park is the one on the other side of Gate's Pass on W Speedway near the stone house.  We walked up King Canyon with you and saw the petroglyphs (the canyon is located in Saguaro National Park).  Breakfast at the Cup in Hotel Congress is excellent, or Cafe Poca Cosa downtown, sunsets at Gates Pass are great, and Tanque Verde Falls on the east side are also neat if he is out on E Speedway looking for arrowheads.  The falls are up at the mouth of Reddington Pass, and should have water flowing still.  Other than that, everything in the guide books is great and the weather has been great, with nights being perfect!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thank you so much for the info. I really appreciate the effort. I did a 6 mile hike this morning which included the stone house. Beautiful country.  Saw some hummingbirds, lizards and flowering cacti. I will check out the petroglyphs. I did see some artifacts but that was in a display case at the airport!

Comment

Working...
        X