Sites/Resources to ID Public/BLM/Indian lands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sites/Resources to ID Public/BLM/Indian lands

In both Washington and Oregon, it's illegal to hunt/remove artifacts on public lands, lands managed by the Bureau of Land management and, of course, lands owned by native Americans. I'm sure it's the same most anywhere. Are there maps available? I confess, I haven't contacted the state agencies. I was hoping I could find something easy to download from the internet. Any suggestions other than getting off my **** and calling the above mentioned state regulatory agencies?

What kind of map(s) are you looking for?

Comment

Any map which indicates areas I can't legally hunt artifacts.

Comment

You can't hunt artifacts anywhere accept for private lands.  There are NO public areas that allow it.  I would go find a prospective spot, and go ask the land owners if you can walk there.

Comment

Even if you get permission to look you will have to get it in writting from the owner and most states will not let you dig for them unless you have a permit fron the state. So to avoid that permit look for washouts as I do. Start from the bottom and go up so you dont step on any. Every time it rains it starts a new site. Look for flint chips then surface grade the area. Good Luck!

Comment

Digging does require permits, and I don't even think of doing it.  I just surface hunt, and on private there are no rules or regulations.

Comment

In Texas you have a right to use your property as you please. If you want to dig holes on it to find artifacts you can do so without the Sate stepping in. There are pay by the day dig sites in Texas.
              Jack

Comment

Working...
              X