Wearing the right shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing the right shoes

Since I am still on the learning curve I will take you all along with me.
    For the past year I've been wearing old tennis shoes with socks and wading through creeks up to my knees at some points. If you do this for several hours/miles your feet will soon take the beating mine have. They will be all pruny and you will have rocks and mud and who knows what else in the bottom of your shoes that rub against your feet while you're walking. In the wintertime I bought these fancy knee high rubber boots. They work well as long as you stay in water that won't go over the top of them. If you do this, then you are going to have a boot full of water that's suctioned to the bottom of your foot that is a struggle getting off.
    Until recently, I was not an "outdoorsmen" type of person, so I had no idea that there were better options that what I have currently. I need something that is light and also protected more than a sandal. These are the best combo of socks/shoes I have came across. A waterproof sock (I had no idea these existed) and a drainable lightweight hiking shoe. I haven't tried these out yet but when I do I will let you all know.
    some kind of shoes like these that drain well..
    http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-Drain...ia+water+shoes
    and some socks like these...
    http://www.amazon.com/Seal-Skinz-Wat.../dp/B000G7VZXI
    Montani Semper Liberi

Honestly, i really dont liker wearing rubber boots and never used waders so old tennis shoes is what i like to use sometimes but used some leather sandals with good straps, put them on tight, and if a couple pebbles get under your feet you can wiggle the foot in a current and they usually come right out. But im almost always carrying an extra pair of footwear/switching if i'm going into creek. Those shoes you linked do look pretty "trick"! :woohoo:  :laugh: Probably a bit better than sandals when it comes to snakes.
    Beware of sticks with thorns several inches long. hmy:  :laugh:
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

The socks get mediocre reviews.  I knew it was too good to be true.  I will have to get some waders it looks like to truly have dry feet.   They sure are pricey though
      Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Since I only wade in warm weather, I wear waterproof sandals intended for kayaking. They stay on snug, have grippy soles, and dry almost immediately.
        Child of the tides

Comment

I saw them at cabelas today.  I walk many miles at a time and wade through the water in all seasons so I needed something waterproof.  I settled on these...hope they do the job

Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Shoes. ..you gotta  were  shoes  .wtf  OK if I have  to
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

heck, just go barefoot! yer feet will toughen up after a bit. then you'll have mighty hobbit feet just like me! :laugh: 
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

:laugh: exactly!

call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

That's pretty funny.  If you find a Clovis out there just don't turn into gollum
                    Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Working...
                    X