Context

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Context

Check out this video I just spotted on a blog from Florida. This is an important video in my opinion and if you collect on Florida water ways it is a must see.

Dr.Gomer and his family are in the video. Good people sharing a sad message.
    Last edited by Hoss; 11-29-2015, 09:51 PM.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Interesting link Hoss!
    I believe that archaeologists are having to change the way they view and treat collectors. The sentiments of the past have ruined any working relationships, and as it stands, amateurs have said " ok, why should we help you?" . I mean really what incentive is there for collectors or amateurs to provide professional archaeologists with site info or access to site assemblages? Especially when mainstream archaeologists look to enact tougher laws and zero tolerance for collecting NA artifacts.
    Imo hardline archaeologists are going to have to rethink this attitude because it's counterproductive to understanding the past. I agree looting from culturally significant sites, burials or national parklands should always be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. But honest amateurs with a passion for learning and understanding is an archaeologists greatest asset. Archaeologists must find a way to collaborate with these people who are truly interested in learning about the past, instead of lobbying against them, disenfranchising those who are archaeologists biggest potential asset. Out of context artifacts in waterways is a good way to start.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Working...
    X