Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Situ Photos / Whats the best way?

Do's and dont's of in-situ photos.

When I find something good enough to take a photo of i am usually in a hurry to snap a pic or two and pull the thing out to get a better look. Besides there is more to walk and see usually anyway but I do pay attention to which way the sun is and what looks like the best angle. The last part is entirely up to you but I never touch it before i take the in-situ shots.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	102_1858.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	203903
    Click image for larger version

Name:	102_1859.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	203904

Just a couple sweet pics
    Last edited by JoshinMO; 04-15-2016, 09:31 AM.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Lighting is very important with any photo you are trying to take. Unfortunately the angle that provides the best lighting does not always prove to provide the best angle on the item.
    Great pics by the way. That point sticks out like a sore thumb.
    My in-situ pics usually come after digging something up so they have already been moved.
    This one though happened yesterday and I did take the pic before touching it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2613.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	203910
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I love taking in situs now. Always neat to go back and look at them
      Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

I just can't find the point in that insitu. I love looking at insitus. Fun to see them in the natural.
        South Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by SDhunter View Post
          I just can't find the point in that insitu. I love looking at insitus. Fun to see them in the natural.
          Huh? Thanks!
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Josh, this going to sounds stupid on my part, It is before you pick it up.
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• gregszybala
              gregszybala commented
              Editing a comment
              Just saw this, Ha! Since you beat me to that response I'll add this. Keep at least one eye on it at all times until you pick it up, that way it can't sneak away on you.

Honestly I didn't even know the meaning of INSITU until I joined this forum but your picture is great !

Comment

Working...
            X